Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dubble cab with the standered bed if i want to use the extended bed would i have to change drive shafts?

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
What extended bed?? The long bed? The long bed sits on a completely different frame.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the extended bed 8ft or something like that, thats fine if it sits on a diffrent frame what am looking to do is air ride the truck so i have to change the rear frame anyway, but is the drive shaft longer?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have a dubble cab with the standered bed if i want to use the extended bed would i have to change drive shafts?

haha. dubble. and standered. haha.

anyway, no such thing as "extended bed". its called "long bed" just like any other truck out there. nothing new. kinda terminology thats been around since pickups have been. and lets think about this for a moment...pretend you are going to put a long bed on your truck, and you are going to have to lengthen the frame or replace it to make it fit, just how would the driveshaft reach if it wasnt longer?? some questions are just common sense, i hate to say. but hey. i bet you will have the only "dubble" cab long bed on air.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you i just wanted to make sure thats all, i know i could have just looked it up on the google but i fugered ide ask here thats what we are all for. Thats kinda what i was going for i wanted to be 100% one off truck, trying to keep up with the big dogs marky , tundrainsider and lon.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
If you're gonna go through all that trouble of lengthening the frame and driveshaft, making mounts for the long bed, etc; might as well add some flares in the rear and throw a dually D60 in the back. Make it worth your while.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DAM YOU you just killed my amazing idea now everone know what am trying to do. lol That was my plain take the natural line of the bed and cut it and add 2 to 3 in outto make it wider.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Interesting to say the least. Um... post pics when you get it done!

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
There is at least one company out there extending beds on trucks. Just seems much more economical to start with a double cab long bed but what do I know...

EDIT: This is a truck I found with a quick Google search, not mine

·
Registered
754 Posts
I know popo and I used to talk about that red one on ebay that had the extended bed guy was asking 30k for it crewmax, 45k miles, just too expensive, but the conversion costs 7k to do it
There is at least one company out there extending beds on trucks. Just seems much more economical to start with a double cab long bed but what do I know...

·
Registered
820 Posts
That crewmax looks way to long for me. I am happy with my 5'6" bed. If I need a longer bed I will put the tailgate down or use a trailer.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anyone know the part # for a 5.7 dubble cab long bed drive shaft? not crew max

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

well first of all, they arent extending the bed. they are putting a long bed on there. they are extending the frame and driveshaft. and it would make no sense at all to start with a double cab long bed to build that truck. thats a crewmax, not a double cab....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts