Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should know better than to ask here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I have the SuspensionMaxx extended front sway bar links and was wondering if anyone made them for the rear. My alignment guy swears it's not the Caster and won't change anything until I add a rear sway bar link. Since being lifted it steers like trash. It's only a small 2.5in lift. Are the factory links long enough? Is the sway bar supposed to be parallel to the ground when connected? Anyone have any pics of the factory setup?

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
71 Posts
I have a 2.5 and factory links in the rear and extended in the front. No issues with the rear sway bar. He is saying your sway bar is affecting your tracking?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 2.5 and factory links in the rear and extended in the front. No issues with the rear sway bar. He is saying your sway bar is affecting your tracking?
That's what they are telling me. When I'm on the highway and start going around a curve it feels like the rear end is going to come out from under me. And the front dives when making corners at almost any speed. I was thinking about trying some adjustable rear end links. Found a few "universal" sets on eBay. I think I remember reading the factory ones are 130mm. This should give me room to play. Only bad part is I can't find the specs for the bolt size. My old ones got tossed by the mechanic, so I have nothing to measure from.

I left a voicemail with SuspensionMaxx earlier today. They aren't far from me and I'm hoping they can make me some. If they do I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What extended fronts did you go with?

I should know better than to ask here, but I'll give it a shot anyway. I have the SuspensionMaxx extended front sway bar links and was wondering if anyone made them for the rear. My alignment guy swears it's not the Caster and won't change anything until I add a rear sway bar link. Since being lifted it steers like trash. It's only a small 2.5in lift. Are the factory links long enough? Is the sway bar supposed to be parallel to the ground when connected? Anyone have any pics of the factory setup?
You shouldn't have alignment issues with factory links in front and rear as im running a 2.5 without any alignment issues. Maybe try a different alignment shop.

·
Registered
02 Sequoia
159 Posts
I have the Suspension Maxx front links also and no rear sway bar with a 4.5'' lift. The sequoia aligned just fine (+0.25 camber, +4.2 castor, +0.08 toe) and feels solid with no tendency to oversteer at normal highway speeds. It did however feel extremely unsettled with a huge tendency to oversteer at highway speeds with the front sway bar links removed. I would check all your bushings and get a second alignment shop to look at it?
That cutting disk mishap, I'm glad you still have a thumb. :oops:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Suspension Maxx front links also and no rear sway bar with a 4.5'' lift. The sequoia aligned just fine (+0.25 camber, +4.2 castor, +0.08 toe) and feels solid with no tendency to oversteer at normal highway speeds. It did however feel extremely unsettled with a huge tendency to oversteer at highway speeds with the front sway bar links removed. I would check all your bushings and get a second alignment shop to look at it?

Every bushing is brand new. In fact almost every front end part is new. I'm going to take it to another alignment shop and see what happens. Any pics of your rig? Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
99 Posts

I ordered the suspension Maxx fronts and cant wait for them to get here. I peaked under the truck yesterday and realized my passenger side sway bar link had come unbolted from the bottom and was just hanging there... hmm time for the extended ones. I had them jerry rigged with washers to raise the sway bar so took the extra washers off and just bolted it back in. Hoping its not pulling for the next 5-7 while I wait on the extended sway bar links.

Dude, I was looking through @jgrauman build thread yesterday and holy SHIZ that was close on the thumb. Then I had to use my cut off tool later in the day and it took me twice as long because I couldn't get that out of my head haha. Glad your ok @jgrauman and nice build!

·
Registered
02 Sequoia
159 Posts
Every bushing is brand new. In fact almost every front end part is new. I'm going to take it to another alignment shop and see what happens. Any pics of your rig? Sounds awesome!
It's likely just an alignment issue then. FYI, a friend of mine just put Kia Soul front links on his rear swaybar, seems they at least fit and work well for his usage as he wasn't a huge fan of the no rear sway bar life.
Last pic I took of mine:

Dude, I was looking through @jgrauman build thread yesterday and holy SHIZ that was close on the thumb. Then I had to use my cut off tool later in the day and it took me twice as long because I couldn't get that out of my head haha. Glad your ok @jgrauman and nice build!
haha same here. I'll be taking my sweet time with the angle grinder from now on.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Finally got the SuspensionMAXX in the mail and installed them today. So far the Sequoia drives great with them installed. A noticeable difference in ride quality over little bumps, etc. I must have had my stock ones tightened wayyy to much

1 - 13 of 13 Posts