Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which ones are the best? How many here have them? What's your deductible? Is it bumper to bumper? What is NOT convered? Have you ever used it and what is your satisfaction level? How much did you pay? Were you able to get serviced at a Toyota dealership? Did they want payment up front?

Trying to do my homework......

:confused:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I bought an extended wrrnty 10yr. through toyota when I bought my Tundra two months ago. It is bumper to bumper with ZERO deductible. Havent used it yet. It was roughly $1200 after bargaining.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I got mine from TOG who is in the classified in TS.Check it out is is a Toyota Extented Warrenty.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought an extended wrrnty 10yr. through toyota when I bought my Tundra two months ago. It is bumper to bumper with ZERO deductible. Havent used it yet. It was roughly $1200 after bargaining.
10 year? I thought the best available was 7 year/100,000 mile.

Who underwrites the warranty? I know here in California they (Toyota stealerships) offer one through RYAN for $1800.00, also a 7 year/100,000 mile deal but it has a $100.00 deductible.

I have the 7 year/100,000 mile from Troy (underwriter is Toyota Financial Services). Zero deductible, rental car replacement, travel loss, etc. Paid $990.00

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have it as well. 7/100K Zero Deductible $1400 thru my Dealer. I know it's a bit pricey but for a peace of mind? I'll take that chance :tu: :cool: .

·
Registered
267 Posts
Same here 7yr/100k miles, zero deductible. I think mine came out to about $1400 but dont remember for sure. I have never seen a 10yr extended warrarty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
7yr/100K for $990 from Troy at TOG

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you want an extended warranty, look NOWHERE ELSE than through the maker of the car. 3rd company warranties are something to stay away from.

I do have one w/ 0 deductible on my Nissan, which I bought brand new. It was a ripoff at $1300, and I really don't know why I did it, heh.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I never have bought extended warranties. That's because I buy Toyotas. I never had any problems with the four I've owned. I tell the salesman right up front. The finance guys push them because they are money makers for the dealer. When I bought my 05 Tundra, they videotaped my talk with the finance guy. I guess they had lots of complaints and also it probably helps the finance guy explain to his boss why he didn't make a sale.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I bought one with my used tundra - 4yr/48,000 bumper to bumper for $1300. It was through GE automotive something or other. Only reason i got it was if I don't use it - I get the $1300 back. Of course, they've made their interest on it but at least I get a little back-up in case something tanks. I do wish I didn't get it though - looking back. Like Buttfly said - I bought a toyota precisely 'cause they're reliable. Oh well - live, learn, and be stronger with the next sales guy!! :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am looking at an 06 DC with 14k miles and was wondering if I could still get the Toyota ext. warranty or do I have to buy a brand new truck to get it?

·
Registered
693 Posts
You can buy an extended warranty as long as the manufacture warranty is still good.

I got mine for free, 7year/100K. Incentive to buy the truck. I dont know why considering its a lease...

I took it anyways.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bought one once for a TV. All it did was make me sleep better at night. the day it was up i thought what a waste of money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is yours a 4x4? Whats the deductible? Does Troy charge the same amount to everyone?
4x4. Not sure if it is the same money. 0 Deductable. Good piece of mind for a fair price!

·
Registered
634 Posts
Which ones are the best? How many here have them? What's your deductible? Is it bumper to bumper? What is NOT convered? Have you ever used it and what is your satisfaction level? How much did you pay? Were you able to get serviced at a Toyota dealership? Did they want payment up front?

Trying to do my homework......

:confused:
Have never bought them before in my life, thought they were a waste of money. However a few years back when TOG offerred me a Toyota 0 Deductible Platinum 6 year 75000 mile for 545 bucks I had to jump so I did. Great guy Troy is. You cannot beat his prices anywhere. Look him up here on the board, he will fix you up.

·
Premium Member
2017 Tundra Limited CrewMax 4x4
29 Posts
I got the seven year/100k. No deductible. It cost me a little over a thousand bucks. I always go over the mileage early on my auto warrantees, so I get more coverage. In my opinion, if you drive your truck a lot, the extended coverage is cheap insurance. A Tundra transmission is what? Four thousand bucks? That bill would hurt on a vehicle with 62k miles and dropping value. Just my opinion. I hope I never have to use the warrantee. I have not had any issues with my truck yet. It's the best built vehicle I have ever owned.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
I got the 7/100 from toyota when I bought my truck last year. I don't feel comfortable with 3rd party stuff and getting the real thing means you won't have any hassles at any dealership should the need arise.

·
Registered
455 Posts
We should start a warranty service here on the website - non commissioned based. Imagine the money pile we can bankroll if we charged everyone $750 for an 8 year/125,000 mile warranty.

If 30 members joined in the first few months, we would have $22,500. We could put that money in a money market earning 5% a year, and earn over $1000 a year. If two guys joined a month thereafter, that would be an additional $18,000 a year. I would think less than 1 out of 500 members' transmissions would drop out of their cars before 125,000 miles. Most of the other repairs should be under $1000, as these are Toyotas. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts