Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes unfortunately my tundra popped up the check engine light this past Tuesday morning on the way to work scanned it with a friend got code P2445 then went by advance auto borrowed there scanner and got code PO418 secondary air pump. I have researched for the past 2 days and called the dealer in which I purchased my truck from. I have not found in 2 days where Toyota has updated their extended warranty to cover my truck and all I have got from my dealer is I will have to research it and call you back, but have not received a call from them yet either. Anyone knows if my issue will be covered under there 10 yr/ 150,000 mile warranty? I have 137,680 miles on my truck if it matters to you. Thanks in advance for your info. On this matter. From:Disgusted Tundra owner in Alabama.

·
Registered
3,310 Posts
Pretty sure they dropped the extended warranty when they figured they had it all worked out so you're probably shit outta luck with the dealer. That being said I think you should talk to these guys. Shoot a pm and you should get a response pretty quick or you can call their 1 800 number shown at the bottom of the first thread. I cant remember the guys name thats on here that runs this but super helpful guy and I would bet any money he can tell you better than the idiots at the dealership if yours is covered or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes unfortunately my tundra popped up the check engine light this past Tuesday morning on the way to work scanned it with a friend got code P2445 then went by advance auto borrowed there scanner and got code PO418 secondary air pump. I have researched for the past 2 days and called the dealer in which I purchased my truck from. I have not found in 2 days where Toyota has updated their extended warranty to cover my truck and all I have got from my dealer is I will have to research it and call you back, but have not received a call from them yet either. Anyone knows if my issue will be covered under there 10 yr/ 150,000 mile warranty? I have 137,680 miles on my truck if it matters to you. Thanks in advance for your info. On this matter. From:Disgusted Tundra owner in Alabama.
I had this pop up on mine last fall, on my 2011 with 98K on the close at the time.. I called Local ATL dealership no return call, no help..
it drove fine so I just ignored the light for a while, but as things go.. my wife took it out of town down to Dothan Al and it went into limp mode on her for no reason.... the Dothan dealer fixed it for me under warranty, they found my water pump was starting to leak, so they did get those dollars out of me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciate your info. I am thinking of bypassing with Hewitt bypass kit. I found online where up to 2012 toyota extended the warranty on 2007-2012 trucks to cover the secondary air pump once they realized they had faulty ones they used, but supposedly got it fixed in 2013 and quit the extended warranty. That is what I am trying to find out on my 2014. They evidently do not have the issue fixed either, as I seen where a lot of 2013- 2016 still was having an issue with the secondary air pump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts