Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an extended warranty today. Seems like I had read that if no claims were made during the warranty period that the cost would be refunded upon expiration. The seller did not know. Anybody got the answer?

·
Registered
201 Posts
What company did you buy the warranty from? I'm sure they're all different but your answer should be found within the language on your contract.

I purchased an extended warranty today. Seems like I had read that if no claims were made during the warranty period that the cost would be refunded upon expiration. The seller did not know. Anybody got the answer?

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Good it's the best one. If you want to request a refund within the first 30 days of purchase, Toyota will refund the purchase price but no refunds after 30 days, regardless of use.
Wrong, it can be cancelled and pro rated. I did it on my last Crewmax with Toyota Platinum X Warranty.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Wrong, it can be cancelled and pro rated. I did it on my last Crewmax with Toyota Platinum X Warranty.
You are correct but the OP wanted to know if he got a full refund if he hadn't used it at all. While you can get a pro-rated refund deducted for what you used and prorated for age of warranty, you can only get a full refund within the first 30 days. I got a refund on mine on the 28th day because I found a better grade of warranty a lot cheaper. I would never buy a warranty again without shopping around. I saved over $900 and got a better warranty by buying it from Handy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts