Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A heavy load broke my tailgate support cables yesterday and caused some minor dents in my tailgate panel when it hit the bumper. Already fixed the cables and now looking at repairing the dents.

Is it possible to remove the exterior tailgate body panel and tap the dents out myself?

ACC

·
7,925 Posts
A heavy load broke my tailgate support cables yesterday and caused some minor dents in my tailgate panel when it hit the bumper. Already fixed the cables and now looking at repairing the dents.

Is it possible to remove the exterior tailgate body panel and tap the dents out myself?

ACC
I am pretty sure the panel is spot welded. You may be able to pop them with dry ice.

http://www.ncttora.com/fsm/04-06-Tundra/techinfo.toyota.com/ileaf/06toyrm/06toypdf/06rmsrc/06tundra/bo/taigat/comp.pdf

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Yep, the tailgate is one piece welded together. There is an access panel if you remove the plastic cover (you need a torx/star wrench), you might be able to push the dents out through that depending on whether or not the metal is creased.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts