Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ideas on how I could install an exterior temperature thermometer that could be read from inside the cab? I have an '01 Tundra and they didn't come with this feature back then and I'd like to have it. Any ideas would be very appreciated. :ts:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Here's my Informer BL outdoor temperature gauge set up, it's very accurate and was a breeze to install. The actual sensor is zip tied up in the front fender well -

Glacier Chain Supplies

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, another idea is a quality company also sells a rear veiw mirror with:
map lights, outside temp guage, compass,& i think something else.
many people have this mirror.
the dealership's use the same exact mirror, as a up-grade, but you can also buy 1 on ebay.
just to give you a price, my dealer wanted 275 to install it.
gorilla

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
I bought a Gentex mirror on ebay for $90.00 from a salvaged GMC. It came with all the hardware and new wiring. Routed the wiring under the headliner, down the A pillar and through the firewall up by the radiator. Between the wheelwell and radiator there is a threaded hole for a 6mm bolt. Perfect place for the temp sensor. Away from the heat of the radiator and protected from the elements.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ditto on the Gentex. I have had one in my truck for about 3 years now and love it. It was easy to install. I got it off ebay and it came perfect with all the wiring and great instructions. I can't imagine not having just the auto-dimming feature, let alone the compass and temp as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts