Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a company that fabricates cab fairings. I am looking for something similar to the rear cab fairing the Chevy Avalanche uses. I found that lund seems to be getting out of making cab fairings and have not found anyone else who does this. Has anyone seen any websites selling cab fairings?

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Why in the world would you want to add that........

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
uh..they used to make some in the 90s but they werent cool then and certainly arent cool now...so, as asked already, why??

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Maybe they help with airflow or something for towing...? Otherwise, I don't know why anyone would want one either?!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

quick googlin shows nothing has been made for basically any of the current body styles. so again...no truck since the 90s should wear one. even those shouldnt.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Just put some curb feelers on and be done with it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The title of this thread is very misleading. Fabrication and trying to buy something are 2 very different things.

It is certainly not my taste, but I think it would be a fun project to fabricate one. I say you make one out of fiberglass and take the time to make it the way YOU want it to look. Don't worry about what others think when it comes to your truck. Many people on this forum have the same mods and really nothing unique that makes it original. Dont be afraid to try something different.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
I looked in at Atlanta when I got my softtopper and ended up having to make something myself for when we wanted the back window open and the dogs were in back. It's nothing to look at, but an aluminum frame and black vinyl wrap. About 90% watertight at 90mph. Got the flat aluminum and angle pieces at Lowes and 3 yards of Vinyl from my local upolstery guy. About $65 to be near watertight. If you want more than that, you will likely have to do you own in fiberglass. Ask you local bad a$$ car audio shop and see who their glass fab guy is and see what he says. Good luck, I am sure you have a reason.....BTW-- You have any Wham albums we can burn? :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts