Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 SR5 double cab and I have been looking around for a lift kit for my truck. I've seen fabtech, and Procomp lifted tundras around and I'm curious on what is the better lift? Any input would be much appreciated. I'm mainly going off into hunting trails, and logging roads. What would be a good setup?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Procomp Stage II

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what should I ask for when getting the kit? How much am I looking at with suspension and tire package?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just ask for a Procomp Stage II to fit your truck, hard to say pricewise without knowing what wheels and tires you want to go with. roughly 4-6k depending on install labor and what tires and wheels you choose.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Did a tour at procomp with a freind and, I was surprised how well they are built. The welds are done by hand and are so precise. You watch and they stop in the same place every time. I asked how the beads are are in the same place every single time. They are lazer measured. I did not see the coilovers being built. Coilovers are built in a clean fab room. I thought they were just another cheap bracket lift before, but have changed my mind.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The problem I had with going Stage II (front coilovers) when I did my Procomp lift was that you are pretty much up **** creek without a paddle the minute you have a problem with either coilover. Stage 1 uses the stock strut/spring and would be much easier and faster to get a replacement if it broke offroading somewhere than to find a Stage II procomp coilover. Any toyota dealer would carry the stock one, but odds of any local shop having the procomp coilover on hand in the remote place you are offroading is not likely. Could ruin a vacation real quick. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh, another thing to note. The Procomp lift makes the Tundra about level, where as the Fabtech lift, the front end sits up a lot higher than the rear. Some people like that look, I do not. I prefer the level look.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've heard fabtech is in chapter 11, so if they dont come out of it then what do you do in a few years when something breaks. As far as the procomp lift its a nice ride with stage II but make sure you ask about the redesigned knuckels and tie rod ends before you buy, most shops dont even know about themm yet.

·
No Really, I swear, I'm Done..
3,091 Posts
I would go with the RCD Race Car Dynamics or the BDS Premium Lifted Suspension Systems - BDS Suspension
Reason being, Procomp does some stuff here in the US, but they have A LOT that is done in the R.O.C. The bulk of their stuff is from China, their coilovers may be built in a clean room but it's not in the USA, BDS and RCD do all their stuff in the US and they have OUTSTANDING customer service when something goes wrong and it's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when with ALL companies. Read all the complaints on ProComp. Fabtech isn't bad but RCD and BDS have VERY impressive warrantys and I have seen RCDs first hand in action. BDS has a TRUE to its word NO QUESTIONS ASKED warranty, they don't care how it broke, you just get a new part.

·
Registered
150 Posts
A little off topic, but what would the overall height of the Tundra Crewmax 4x4 be with a 6" lift and say 35" tires on 20's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with the fabtech 6" lift. I get it on tomorrow!!! on 20 inch monsters, with 35" toyo's.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2007 Tundra Limited Edition with 6" Fabtech lift and with 35" tires and 20" wheels. All I know that it looks awesome. It rides awesome. It sits level unlike what others have said how Fabtech sits higher in the front than the back. I take it hunting on tough logging roads in Oregon and it surpasses my expectations. I don't know a lot about Procomp but if I get a newer Tundra, I'm going with the Fabtech again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts