Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get the fatory compass temp setup for my Tacoma? I know the wires are their and all but where can i buy it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
What compass are you talking about? Where is it mounted? You should be able to get one from any dealer but I have never seen one except for the rear view mirror style. You can buy them several places. Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
The thermometer shown in the JC Whitney link, bottom of page for $16.99 is on sale at Benny's for $11.99. I got one for my '07 Access Cab a couple of weeks ago. Works great. The sensor is "wired". I stuck the display unit (comes w/adhesive backed velcro) on the dash under the heater controls and snaked the wire back under the console, under the rear mat on the driver side and out behind the driver side rear Access door. The door closes over the wire. I stuck the sensor on the box, in the gap between the cab and the box where it's out of the sun. Works great and is very acurate. Reads in tenths. My wifes "05 Camry "factory" thermometer only reads in whole degrees.

The unit has a LCD digital clock, Inside temp AND Outside temp. NO COMPASS. TacoGuy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know how much it would be for the dealer to install the digital compass and thermometer?

·
Registered
172 Posts
You will have to be careful where you mount that thing from J C Whitney. They work great but if your truck is sitting in the sun on a hot day they will shut down and show nothing on the time or temp until it cools off.In the winter if it gets to cold it will shut down also and the batteries die quick. I have one in my Tacoma that I'm about ready to give away.It's not worth messing with it all the time and having to reset everything every time it goes out. Mike

·
Registered
221 Posts
Anyone know how much it would be for the dealer to install the digital compass and thermometer?
Dude, just call several on the phone. I find they vary a bit when it comes to both price and quality. Pick the one the feels right. I managed to find a dealer that provides great service and also matches Internet pricing!! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts