Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that in some regions, none of the packages offer a factory DVD player for the Crewmax. Does that mean I will have to get an after-market DVD player installed as a port option? I would rather have a factory DVD player. Can someone explain why some regions offer a factory DVD and others do not? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am in Arkansas and the Gulf States will put a factory DVD in the Max.
I don't think it's a factory DVD. If you go to a Gulf States dealer and use the "Build Your Toyota" function, it lists the DVD player as a "Locally Installed Options":

Options (Description)

This DVD player is significantly different from the factory one shown in the Tundra iGuide:

2007 Toyota Tundra iGuide

If you generate a Tundra factory eBrochure using a New York zip code, it lists this option:

Rear-seat DVD entertainment system with rear audio system, dual wireless headphones [9], wireless remote and 115V AC outlet

The factory eBrochure for the Gulf States Toyota regions does not even list a DVD player.

I think that the factory DVD player with wireless headphones and AC outlet is only available in certain regions.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You will have to order it with the factory DVD player. I have the same problem in the SET area. The reason they want you to get the cheap port DVD player is because they can make more money off of you. It's something they can easily install and they charge you the full factory DVD player price for cheap inferior product that probable costs them less than $100. Plus when they install it you won't get the accessories port on the consol I am not sure but I think you lose the A/C outlet also. One local dealer told me it was a port option only. I called Toyota and they said it is factory option. Don't let then screw you demand the factory DVD player.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Order being the key. I think it's fairly safe to assume that trucks will not be arriving at Gulf States Toyota or Southeast Toyota with factory DVD players. That means it will take months if at all this year. My new truck fever is starting to wear off for 2007.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It would be but you won't get the accessory ports or the A/C outlet. I want those so I can hook up a gaming console. I am with you on the new truck fever wearing off. I was ready to put down money the first week. But the more I learned the more I didn't like what was being sent to the dealers. I want my truck with the options I want seeing as I am paying for it. I will get it eventually and will wait until I can. I am not going to buy what's available just to get it now.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I can get all of the functionality of the factory DVD player along with a good cosmetic result, I guess I could go that route. I was hoping not to mess with the ceiling of a new truck for a while but if it's an easy install then it may be the best option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.