Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is it located? I have a 2001 Sequoia SR5 that didn't come with it, but I'd like to add one on with a factory switch.

Does anyone have the factory switch part # as well?

Actually I also need to know if the heated seat switch is a 3-position switch (hi-off-lo)? I actually need that switch for the lights that I'm proposing to do.

·
Registered
83 Posts
where is it located? I have a 2001 Sequoia SR5 that didn't come with it, but I'd like to add one on with a factory switch.

Does anyone have the factory switch part # as well?

Actually I also need to know if the heated seat switch is a 3-position switch (hi-off-lo)? I actually need that switch for the lights that I'm proposing to do.
The factory installed fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk on my '02. Dumb place for it and there is no indicator light to tell when they are on either. Better place would be on the dash in one of the unused blanks to the left of the steering column. You could use a switch with a light on it.

The Seat heater switches are 3 position.

Good luck!

THD.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just the low and high settings are lit . The switch itself is not backlighted . And If you were going to install DL's or Fog's I would do your own custom lit switch on the dash . That way you can use them with High's and or Ambers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I think I can just buy a nice non-Toyota switch that will fit in the rectangular blank next to the steering column. Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think I read the Tundra fog light switch works well, it goes in one of the oval spots to the left of the steering column.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Google Rocker Switch - A way better switch than the heated seat switch would be a grote or similar brand switch placed sideways to the left of the steering wheel. I have used these in my older toyotas and someone makes a switch that is an exact fit and they make ones with multiple positions, multiple lights etc.

eg: Grote Industries: Rocker Switches - Illuminated (Product #82-0302)

I have a friend that installed 2 similar to these side by side in an 85 toyota PU knockout that looks the same as the one to the left of the column, it looked factory when he was done:

Mini Rocker Switch

If anyone knows exactly what year the tundra switch is that fits in a 2002 please let me know, I've tried to look it up but haven't found any pictures and at about $40 I don't want to order the wrong part when I add some lights in the future.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
You can buy factory Toyota switches on Slee Offroad.com. I know they've had some of the older style, and the newer oval style we currently have. They use them in the Land Cruiser for accessory lights etc. You might have to do some digging on the site, but I'm sure they are still available.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts