Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so the power button on my factory HU just when out. I want to replace the radio with a similar unit. I know there are 100s of choices for after market, but I would like to keep it factory. I have been on E-bay and there are a few for sale. But not all are the same as mine.

I have search TS but have not found anything, so can you answer a few questions for me?

For the factory radios there are two different numbers discussed - Part numbers and face plate numbers. I’m not sure of the relationship between them. For a given radio (part number) is the face plate number (e.g. 16815) unique to that radio? Or are there multiple face plate numbers for a given radio (Part number?)?

Do multiple radios (Part number) use the same wiring harness?

I need to find a replacement for my 2000 Tundra SR5. My factory faceplate is 16815 (I have not pulled the radio for part number yet). Do I have to get an exact or will others also fit?

I realize that there may be differences with wiring harnesses. Ideally I would like to just get a simple swap out without doing any rewiring – yes rewiring isn’t hard, I just don’t have the time to fool with it. The factory radio works just fine for my needs.

So will any other radios fit my 2000 SR5 besides the 16815?

I really appreciate your help – it’s hard to find answers on these questions!!

Thanks
TIM

·
Registered
92 Posts
I pulled my factory head unit out of my 2000 tundra AC SR5 yesterday. Im looking at it right now and I don't guess I have the same one as you cuz I don't see that number anywhere on mine.
ok I just pulled my faceplate off and it says 121941 but the rest of the head unit uses a similar nuber 121861 but since they aren't the same I think that you could use a different faceplate than factory.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled my factory head unit out of my 2000 tundra AC SR5 yesterday. Im looking at it right now and I don't guess I have the same one as you cuz I don't see that number anywhere on mine.
ok I just pulled my faceplate off and it says 121941 but the rest of the head unit uses a similar nuber 121861 but since they aren't the same I think that you could use a different faceplate than factory.
The face plate number is small and under the tape deck on the bottom left of the face of the radio. Mine says "TOYOTA 16815".

I guess I really need to pull the radio and check the part numbers. I was hoping to only have to tear the dash apart once.

Thanks
TIM

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else have any ideas or suggestions? Any help would be great...

Thanks
TIM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts