Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to see a factory NAV unit in a DC yesterday, but the XM wasn't activated. My question for anyone who has this combination: when you have XM on, exactly what is displayed and does it use the whole screen of the NAV unit? I had an aftermarket Sirius in my F250 which was great; three lines of data and continuous scrolling of channel, artist and song title. My '06 Silverado factory XM has one (incomplete) line of text and I can't figure out how to make it scroll at all. My wife's A6 switches between radio display and NAV, giving the same amount of info my old unit did in the F250. Does the Tundra display work the same way? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
hello, i had xm loaded onto the factory nav by the dealer when my truck came in because it was already in route. it can switch from nav to radio to sat using the full sreen,or you can stay in nav and it just uses the top inch or so for audio info. in the full screen audio mode it list channels and you can hit info to see details or leave it in detail screen .i 've had mine a mo and am just starting to play with it......sat radio , gps nav, space shuttle rear view mirrors ,voice command, i feel like george jetson:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. That's what I was hoping, but the "truck expert" at the dealer I went to had no idea what the display would be with XM activated (!?!). I would think that's something a "truck expert" should be able to answer on an option package that's over $2K, but he must have been busy learning how to say "ooooh" when opening the tailgate at the new product sales seminars.
Anybody else play with their NAV/XMs yet?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts