Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I bought my CM a little over a month ago, there has been three different instances where the radio goes crazy for about 10min after starting the truck. It did it this morning.

By crazy I mean - any button ejects a CD (6 disk changer) and/or turns the radio completely off. And each time I would turn the radio back on, it would just eject another CD. I have noticed it doesn't matter if I'm listening to ipod (via aux), XM, FM, or CD. It just happens...

Each instance the radio display is jibberish - some Japanese symbols, some "&*^&%&^".

Any advice? It goes away after a while of running, but I don't understand why it is doing that. No other functions on the truck seem to suffer as if it were not getting enough power to operate or something...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
MaylonTRD is right (as usual). It will only get worse from here. Get the dealer to replace it.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
MaylonTRD is right (as usual). It will only get worse from here. Get the dealer to replace it.
Thanks mendonsy! That was just the threads I found on the first page of my search. I think the problem was so bad they even changed the radio finally for the 2010's.

·
Premium Member
5,467 Posts
Thanks mendonsy! That was just the threads I found on the first page of my search. I think the problem was so bad they even changed the radio finally for the 2010's.
About time!! I am on my third radio. All were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
mine still works fine!! (knock on wood)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts