Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a slight problem with my factory radio. i recently uninstalled a aftermarket radio and wanted to put the factory radio back in its place. well unfortunately the factory radio does not want to come back to life. I left all the original wiring harnesses in place and did not remove anything.

One weird part is i left 6 cds inside of the unit when i took out and replaced. Now when i hook up the battery you can hear the unit filtering through the cds. but the display just wont come on.

I am stuck here, i have tried all kinds of trouble shooting with no luck at all. I know its kind of a hard topic and i dont provide enough information but if you can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

does anybody know any ways to troubleshoot or things to try?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Please don't take this wrong but is the unit "ON" ?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Ground? doesn't it gets ground only when screwed into place? I used adapters, but power wire is constant, so i can have radio any time :D so it was quick.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No it has a deticated ground wire

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
aaaaaaa..... angle grinder??? :sad3d:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to leave a final solution to the problem.

I just had the exact same problem while trying to troubleshoot a right rear speaker that wasn't working in my '06 Tundra AC. As per this thread:

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/180415-no-power-radio-no-blown-fuses/

-the radio will not work until all wires are reconnected - that is a fact. Definitely some voodoo magic, but as soon as I reconnected to wires going to the a/c and other circuity on the panel, the radio fired right up. Weird.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts