Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been told that the factory installed Front and Rear Sonar option is only available if the Navigation option is also ordered?

Do any of you have the factory Sonar option without the Navigation option?

Thanks.

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
I have seen lots of trucks at dealer's lot in Tx w sonar w/o Nav.
Ditto.

I test drove a tundy with Sonar and NO NAV at Dick Dyer Toyota on two notch.

Tell 'em to quit pissin' on your leg and tellin' you it's rainin'!!:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have an SR5 CrewMax with Factory Sonar and No Nav.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've been told that the factory installed Front and Rear Sonar option is only available if the Navigation option is also ordered?

Do any of you have the factory Sonar option without the Navigation option?

Thanks.
That's a complicated answer. A dealer can order the sonar without the navigation. That is the easy part. The hard part is getting the order approved and actually built. That's because of the unusual way Toyota takes orders and build schedules. Your regional distributor may have ordered all trucks for your region with both options. If that is the case, a dealer can take one of his incoming units and request that the navigation be dropped in favor of another audio system.

The problem is, these requests don't always work. I am the truck manager at my store and I am buying a personally owned truck and I wanted navigation in an SR5. In my region, they are not ordered that way. It took 4 requests before my order was approved. It takes patience and persistence.

So, the short answer to your question is, it can be done. The long answer is, it isn't fast nor easy, depending on how your region ordered the trucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts