Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how you can get the factory sonars installed for the front and rear? Interested in keeping it factory as much as possible so is there a part we can install into maybe the prerun wires and maybe just bringing it to the dealership to plug into the computer to turn on?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
do a search. been discussed many many many times. i dont think anyone has ever been able to get it to work out..parts of it are there but its super expensive apparently to get all the missing parts....

·
Registered
860 Posts
I want to know why they didn't put a sensor in the middle of f'n front bumper, hell that would be just as useful as the center one in the back!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
well one shoudl be able to tell more about whats going on directly in front of them than way back in the back....the corners in the front make more sense to me to be able to tell where they are. of course, i have been in one or two instances where something dead center might have been beneficial but not really that big of a deal..i'd rather have them in the back where they do the most good....

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, here in the big city I spend quite a bit time squeezing into tight spaces and trying to pull the rear in as far as a I can into parking spaces, and I can't see the front plate from the driver's seat.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ah. well then back in. let the camera and sensors do the work haha. seriously though, u should not squeeze into tight spaces anyway. thats hwo door dings happen. :)

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have done a fair amount of traveling in Europe. It is an everyday thing to use your bumpers to push the vehicle ahead and behind you a few inches to facilitate getting in or out of a tight spot. People here would get murdered for pushing someones vehicle....but must admit I couldnt see any damage caused by gently pushing it out of the way.
I am not ballsy enough to try and start this trend in the US.....and wont ever buy another truck without a sonar of some type.

My pop and I are shopping for a newer tundra for him. Passed one up JUST because it didnt have the sonar.

·
Registered
860 Posts
BF - it's not always a choice of whether or not to fit it into tight spaces. But I do always fold the tow mirrors in as a courtesy to people, hopefully they notice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts