Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 AC V8 TRD Off Road Tundra.

Compare to the factory tube steps to aftermarket nerf bars like the Westin Signature series, how do they hold up? I ask because I had the factory tube steps on my old 2003 and liked them, and they worked great. They also have a one piece step guards compare the 2 piece step guards aftermarket nerf bars have. I can get the factory tube steps from trdparts4u.com for $307, I don't know how much shipping is or if there is tax. I can get the Westin Signature series from autoanything.com with coupons etc for around $360 with free shipping but plus tax, I live in CA.

I find that there are more selects out there for DC rather than AC.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Have you checked out N-Fab bars? Since you live in Cali you don't need to worry so much about the rust factor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like my Nasta all SS nerf bars... They don't look stock but the polish is close to the rest of the factory shiney pieces... Delivered the were $320...

·
Registered
567 Posts
I am happy with my summitt bars and at about half the price i cant complain

Andrew

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm getting from a friend that works for toyota, $299 before taxes for oem tube steps. Now i'm going to see if they can hook me up on some avs bug deflector and window visor. I'll post pictures when they are on the truck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Those are the E-series. If you can get the Signature series, get them instead, still from the same manufacture. You can go through autoanything.com or autopartswarehouse.com

·
Registered
58 Posts
Those are the E-series. If you can get the Signature series, get them instead, still from the same manufacture. You can go through autoanything.com or autopartswarehouse.com
I noticed the sigs are about 5 lbs heavier, and they are a 16 gauge instead of 18..

Are they really worth the extra $$ ...I ask, because I don't know...

How about the Lund brand...Are they any good?

Thanks...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I noticed the sigs are about 5 lbs heavier, and they are a 16 gauge instead of 18..

Are they really worth the extra $$ ...I ask, because I don't know...

How about the Lund brand...Are they any good?

Thanks...
I'm new myself to these nerf bars. I have no experience with them but when I was researching a lot of people went with Westin and Aries. Since I have a access cab and not a double cab some brands/models were not available for me. I also here people talk about N-Fab and Nasta too. If i was to buy one of the aftermarket bars for my truck I would go with the Westin. If you can, go with factory tube steps aka nerf bars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey, I have a friend with a 2000 Tundra with fiberglass moulded steps that look great. Anyone know if they would fit a 2003 Tundra and if they are factory? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts