Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to have your truck srviced by a dealer at every interval for the Factory Warranty to be valid? I know with Nissan, so long as you use genuine parts for your servicing they still honour it, i was hoping Toyota would be the same????

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Do you have to have your truck srviced by a dealer at every interval for the Factory Warranty to be valid? I know with Nissan, so long as you use genuine parts for your servicing they still honour it, i was hoping Toyota would be the same????
NO, you must show proof if asked that an item was done!! reciept!! Toyota warranty coverage is not dependent upon the use of any particular brand of part. toyota parts are warranted and if a non toyota part fails it will not be warranted!! If you DIY maintenance they want you to keep a detailed record, dates, mielage, reciepts and use the Scheduled Maintenance Guide (PASSPORT) for your record proof!! per owners warranty Information book!

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
NO you do not have to have your vehicle serviced by the dealer as long as you meets their service equirements. They highly reccomend using Toyota replacement parts and i would also because if they fail toyota will warranty their parts but will not warranty no Toyota parts , the use of non toyota parts does not void warranty!! But if a non Toyota part fails you have to foot the bill!! I have found good and bad toyota replacement parts but more good than bad!! The big issue with DIY maintenance is Toyota wants to be shown proof that you have met scheduled maintenance by showing them detailed recordrds, mielage when done, reciepts, and you need to annotate this in their maintenance log book that comes with your warranty/owners manual!! Scheduled maintenance is listed on their website and no need to spend countless hours looking in owners manual! Toyota Parts and Service self explanatory!!:)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, thats all i needed to know. I'm a British qualified Vehicle technitian, so there's no issue in doing the work myself and keeping up with data, i was just making sure things were the same here as regards to DIY maintenance. I didn't want to just start doing it, and somewhere down the line, should anything go wrong, they turn around and say that it must be dealer serviced. What's happened is that my new Tundra has had ome issues and the customer service i recieved was so bad here in Savannah, that i will not give them another cent of my money. In fact, between my dealership and the Gulf States Service representative, i will never give money to Gulf states Toyota Ever again! It's worth the travel if you get looked after with the product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts