Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I pulled the 5.7 badge off the fender of #4 I think it would be funny to put the badge on #3 (an 06).

#3 has the 4.7.....

I dont think many people would "get it" but for the few that did......

~JH

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I think that is a dumb idea but they are your trucks.....

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
The ones that get it will think you're a ricer.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Your trucks do what you want. I would just leave the badges on.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I get your point, see how many fall for it:heh:
A bigger surprise once u get ur turbo:eek:hsnap:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't do it brother.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For rebadging, I like to do this.

I'm a police officer/fire fighter (town requires both certs) and obviously work around alot of male ego's. When we visit friends in San Francisco, I stock up on little "Rainbow" stickers. I then sneak into the personal vehicle parking lot at night and put them on the rear bumpers of everyone's ride. I place one on mine also to avoid suspicion. Then, I sit back and watch the fun...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Dude.... there is one rule at my station.... don't mess with someones personal car! Mess with the cruiser all you want, but personal cars in the back lot are out of play!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Dude.... there is one rule at my station.... don't mess with someones personal car! Mess with the cruiser all you want, but personal cars in the back lot are out of play!
thats the one rule up here too. POVs are off limits no matter what. cruisers and stuff are fair game...and have been 'messed' with in ways i wont even go into. but i did u know that two EMS rubber gloves taped tightly to crown vic tailpipes will get friggin huge before they blow up and shoot rubber all over the place? so i heard....plus many many many other things...that ive heard of course...

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
thats the one rule up here too. POVs are off limits no matter what. cruisers and stuff are fair game...and have been 'messed' with in ways i wont even go into. but i did u know that two EMS rubber gloves taped tightly to crown vic tailpipes will get friggin huge before they blow up and shoot rubber all over the place? so i heard....plus many many many other things...that ive heard of course...

Try sprinkling some baby-powder in the hvac vents (make sure they're pointed down so they don't get in someone's face!).... and watch the fun while they try to get the powder out of their uniform... That's happened to me twice, and man, what a PITA!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Try sprinkling some baby-powder in the hvac vents (make sure they're pointed down so they don't get in someone's face!).... and watch the fun while they try to get the powder out of their uniform... That's happened to me twice, and man, what a PITA!
i always lock my car and have the spare key off the board in my pocket. i have been the butt of many pranks when i first started. we used to have the lights/stuff that would only turn on with the ingition on...now we have the LEDs we can use w/o the engine on for a while. anyway, it used to be the thing to do to reach in and turn the lights and siren so when they started the car it would scare them half to death when it all kicked in and turned on. now a funny thing to do is to tape or rubber band the mic button for the PA. its amazing what all is heard outside a car when people are on cell phones etc. only bad thing is that prevents the siren from kicking in if they dont catch it fast enough to un do it before they might need the siren in an emergency so we kinda dont do that much anymore haha.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
...now a funny thing to do is to tape or rubber band the mic button for the PA...
That's a good one! I've had it happen to me by accident, but I'll have to try that 1 this week on someone else... and I already have someone in mind :devil:

·
Registered
8 Posts
thats why i like my take home unit. no one touches it but me.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That's a good one! I've had it happen to me by accident, but I'll have to try that 1 this week on someone else... and I already have someone in mind :devil:
haha let us know how it goes.

thats why i like my take home unit. no one touches it but me. Today 12:13 AM
i wish we could have them but they just wont go for it.

man did we hijack this thread or what haha.

anyway, popo, the thing i had happen to me accidentally, and i still feel bad for the old lady, is our systems are wired so we can listen to the radio on the PA speaker, much like alot of depts have done. well i had it flipped to the outside speaker on an accident scene to save my portable's battery. anyway, i forgot about it. and when we cleared the scene we all left. i went to fill up. i was behind this gray haired 90somethign year old lady in a town car at a red light. minding my own business, and she was too. all the sudden the emergency tone comes blaring across the radio and the speaker i left on and turned up oops. she looked around real quick and noticed my patrol car...so naturally she assumed i was blowing a siren or horn at her....i tried to wave and let her know it was an accident but i think she thought i was waving at her for her to move anyway she panicked and floored the dam town car across the interesectoin, on a red light, between cars with them honking at her....and pulled out of the way. and i just sat there at the light since i had no where to be going. she sat there lookign around, and the traffic around looked at me like why dont u do somethign about her running the light. it was bad. so i never ever use that stupid thing anymore haha.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i always lock my car and have the spare key off the board in my pocket. i have been the butt of many pranks when i first started. we used to have the lights/stuff that would only turn on with the ingition on...now we have the LEDs we can use w/o the engine on for a while. anyway, it used to be the thing to do to reach in and turn the lights and siren so when they started the car it would scare them half to death when it all kicked in and turned on. now a funny thing to do is to tape or rubber band the mic button for the PA. its amazing what all is heard outside a car when people are on cell phones etc. only bad thing is that prevents the siren from kicking in if they dont catch it fast enough to un do it before they might need the siren in an emergency so we kinda dont do that much anymore haha.
We had a MIC incident a few months ago on one of the ems rigs, a open mic for about 45 minutes with the crew a male and a female who had been using the cot in back, and threw the wire her husband who also works for the ems company had to listen to the whole thing, as the dispatcher continually attempted to alert the open mic..... And as we all know the police/fire/ems world is small and word travels quick!!!!

The glove trick is a nice one too on the tailpipes, as for our sirens we have a master switch which I always check before my power is on.

Vaseline on the wipers always sucks too, place a bead on the blade and leave a smudge in field of vision. Driver turns wipers on and its over for them..... However very unsafe!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
We had a MIC incident a few months ago on one of the ems rigs, a open mic for about 45 minutes with the crew a male and a female who had been using the cot in back, and threw the wire her husband who also works for the ems company had to listen to the whole thing, as the dispatcher continually attempted to alert the open mic..... And as we all know the police/fire/ems world is small and word travels quick!!!!

The glove trick is a nice one too on the tailpipes, as for our sirens we have a master switch which I always check before my power is on.

Vaseline on the wipers always sucks too, place a bead on the blade and leave a smudge in field of vision. Driver turns wipers on and its over for them..... However very unsafe!
we had an open mic on a portable a few years ago. somehow it got keyed up at a super bowl party at a supervisors house. u heard EVERYTING over the radio. they obviously knew whose it was by the id it showed when it keyed up so they called and called and paged and no answer. they finally sent a unit by his house and this is the funny part...apparently they all drunk...and u can hear the cop knocking on the door and ringing the bell...and the partiers kept shouting go away pig we aint openin for no one hahahah. they finally were able to disable the radio and that particular officer then got specific instructions on a memo he needed to write in response to a complaint haha. oops. when i get home my radio and battery are seperated and radio is locked in teh safe wtih the gun...i'd hate for my kid to play with the radio and do god knows what so locking it up in the gun safe prevents that issue.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
LOL - Gotta love this stuff. We have 2 separate mic's in our cars... 1 for the Radio, 1 for the PA. A while ago, my partner & I finished up a Felony stop where we were using our PA to order someone out of a car. Anyhow, after it was finished, my partner accidentally put the mic for the PA into the slot where the radio mic sits.

So, about 15 mins later, I was trying to answer the radio when dispatch was calling. It went like this:
Dispatch: "Radio - 21"
Me: "21"
... about 30 secs later ...
Me: "21, go ahead" a little more upset since they don't hear me.
... another 30 secs later ...
Dispatch: "Radio - 21. 21 do you copy"
Me: "21! 21! Go ahead!" sounding pissed.

Then I look around and a bunch of home-boys (we were in the projects... $hitty apartment complex) are staring at me, looking dumbfounded. Yeah, turns out I was yelling 21 Go Ahead over my PA at them! The homeboys were trying to figure out why I was yelling at them "21! Go ahead!" My partner & I just laughed and took off.

Oh, then there was the time when I was on the phone with my wife at the same time Radio was calling me. My wife says "Love You"... cause we were hanging up, and so I say it to, but of course, I accidentally (habit) hit the mic at the same time, so I said "Love you too" over the radio. Got clicked for about 5 minutes on that 1!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
LOL - Gotta love this stuff. We have 2 separate mic's in our cars... 1 for the Radio, 1 for the PA. A while ago, my partner & I finished up a Felony stop where we were using our PA to order someone out of a car. Anyhow, after it was finished, my partner accidentally put the mic for the PA into the slot where the radio mic sits.

So, about 15 mins later, I was trying to answer the radio when dispatch was calling. It went like this:
Me: "21"
... about 30 secs later ...
Me: "21, go ahead" a little more upset since they don't hear me.
... another 30 secs later ...
Dispatch: "Radio - 21. 21 do you copy"
Me: "21! 21! Go ahead!" sounding pissed.

Then I look around and a bunch of home-boys (we were in the projects... $hitty apartment complex) are staring at me, looking dumbfounded. Yeah, turns out I was yelling 21 Go Ahead over my PA at them! The homeboys were trying to figure out why I was yelling at them "21! Go ahead!" My partner & I just laughed and took off.

Oh, then there was the time when I was on the phone with my wife at the same time Radio was calling me. My wife says "Love You"... cause we were hanging up, and so I say it to, but of course, I accidentally (habit) hit the mic at the same time, so I said "Love you too" over the radio. Got clicked for about 5 minutes on that 1!
hahahah thats hilarious. back in the day our guys were able to click away at each other but we cant do that anymore....registers every time who it is and by their policy upstairs if a mic is keyed they have to verify through the officer that everythign is 10-4.

we had a dispatcher right in the middle of dispatching sneeze right in the middle of a dispatched call...and came back laughing her head off trying to finish the priority call..then got the hiccups....it was bad.

but the best one on the radio...we used to be required to broadcast (bolo for you non LEO types BeOnLookOut) runnaways etc. (now we just send the info over the computers so we can all read it). anyway, an officer tried to key up and say "Am i clear for a quick bolo"...which is what we were supposed to do. but no..it came out "Am I queer for a click bolo". sucks to get tongue tied huh hahaha he never did get the bolo out haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts