Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra V8 4. L.

I am changing the timing belt and water pump and I ran into a problem.

The fan bracket is connected to the AC Compressor and will not come off unless the A/C bolts are taken out. The A/C bracket bolts are too large to unscrew with the Compressor in the way. (It's a 4" approx. bolt with only 1" of clearance).

I have to remove the compressor completely to remove the bolts. one of the bolts that holds the compressor is being blocked by one of the suction hoses. Is there a way to remove these bolts without removing the compressor? If not, how do I remove the compressor without discharging any refrigerant?

Thanks!!

Here's a couple pics to show what I am talking about. These are the two A/C bolts holding the fan bracket

·
Premium Member
7,925 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can the suction and discharge hoses be safely disconnected from the compressor? If those are removed, I can get to the bolts.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Hey all,

I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra V8 4. L.

I am changing the timing belt and water pump and I ran into a problem.

The fan bracket is connected to the AC Compressor and will not come off unless the A/C bolts are taken out. The A/C bracket bolts are too large to unscrew with the Compressor in the way. (It's a 4" approx. bolt with only 1" of clearance).

I have to remove the compressor completely to remove the bolts. one of the bolts that holds the compressor is being blocked by one of the suction hoses. Is there a way to remove these bolts without removing the compressor? If not, how do I remove the compressor without discharging any refrigerant?

Thanks!!

Here's a couple pics to show what I am talking about. These are the two A/C bolts holding the fan bracket

Ok to remove that lower bolt you need to disconnect that electrical connector ( tag this with like red tape so you remember to reinstall it later) the remove the 10 mm bolt from the small "S" shaped bracket that the electrical connector was attached to. Now you will have room to remove the lower bolt from the A/C bracket, 14 mm I think I used a universal socket but anyway the pump will pop out after this.

I would also mark the "S" bracket with red tape to remind you these two items go together on install.

This is about the hardest part of the whole job getting down to the belt the rest is pretty easy.
Hope this helps.

Kevin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts