Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ive been doing some research, but i want to get this right, ever since i bought my truck (2002 tundra 4.7 4x4) my engine fan has always been loud, constantly on, even in middle of winter, so i was reading and people say the fan clutch is bad, when the engine is off, i spin the fan, and it stops immediatly after, is this normal? sometimes when driving the fan stops spinning randomly, but 90% of the time its on, and fuc#*$ annoying, i also read that u can replace the liquid inside instead of buying a new clutch, which i dont really have the cash for right now... any imput?? thanks all

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow cool, thanks!!!, ill let u guys know if this solves the problem, to drain the silicone does it have to be heated/cooled??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to my local toyota dealership today, they told me its impossible to get the silicone...... i guess ill be taking a trip to the states..

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ Order it online, we have the part number.
very true, im just worried ill pay more for the shipping and brokerage fees to canada than the part... or i can send it to the states and go pick it up, im only an hour away..i go down all the time

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
ship it via USPS and mark it as 5$ item. What fees you got to pay for receiving something? 1HR drive is worth it if you have time., Will cost the same in gas as shipping :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
usually there is brokerage fees at the border, especially with ups. like one time i ordered a 25$ cooking apron for my gf, and it ended up costing me 52$ in brokerage fees.... i will never do that again... complete ********, plus i have family that lives not far from the border in the us, and i usually ship stuff there and do whatever work i need done there, drive back across the border and they dont know the difference..

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
never use UPS - i got slammed ~60$ amount when i shipped my jetski engine rebuild kit. Use USPS - they dont charge brokerage where i ship to. But for $25 just drive it down south. 25$ gets you half a tank of gas - enough to drive forth and back.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ya, ive been searching online and i cant find anywhere that sells it, i can only find sites that explain how to do it... do i just go to a toyota dealer in the states and ask for it?? i wonder if being from canada will make a difference?

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I buy stuff from Sparks all the time. Once you get into the pricier stuff you will almost always be ahead getting stuff from the states, even when shipping is included. Local Canadian dealers are almost criminal with their markups. :td:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts