Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get out of California often. It should come as no real surprise that one day long ago my world was rocked when I learned that there isn't a In-N-Out in every state.:eek:

One of my buddies went on a road trip to Texas recently and told me of a wonderous place called What-A-Burger(might be spelled wrong). He said it's kind of like our Jack-in-the-Box but without Jack. I started thinking.... I don't travel much out of California but lots of you do. Why not give a heads up about the fast food in your area? Would be cool to see what there is to eat and shorten your life span in other states right? Lets begin!

In California we have a remarkable establishment known as In-N-Out.(may be found in other states, I'm not sure) They serve one thing only, burgers. You can get a double, triple, quadruple if you dare. You can get cheese on it, grilled onions, even peppers. However there is one fatal flaw to this nearly perfect world, you CANNOT get BACON! If you are around, eat there. You can do some fancy stuff like ask for animal fries(fries with cheese, grilled onions, thousand island dressing, and mustard) or you can have a delicious milk shake, but you CANNOT get BACON! This is serious blasphemy and being that it's a Christian owned business, I can say no more.

animal fries

typical meal

what happens when you show up drunk

Moving on, another fine California native is known as Alberto's... yes, its a Mexican food place. The meat resembles dog food and sometimes tastes like it but it's still on the must eat list and that ranking doubles if you are drinking. Carne asada burritos are awesome when you are too drunk to make rational decisions. Even though its sometimes horrible, and always questionable, Albeto's is a must have here. It's so popular that a number of fake Alberto's have popped up. Do not fall for imitations, Allenberto's, Albert's, Abierto's, Roberto's, Habierto's and any other o's do not compare to true Alberto's slop. Albeto's is open at all hours, even when it's inhumane to be eating carne asada and gulping 40 ounces of horchata.

Look for this guy, or you aren't really at Alberto's

carne asada burrito(note, this is actually from an imposter, notice the Albert's logo)

drunk invitationals

There are more, but I eat that stuff all the time, lets hear whats killing people in your area.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Five Guys

·
Premium Member
2,699 Posts
In-n-Out Burger is awesome. My wife is originally from San Diego so when we
go back to visit on occasion I have to immediately go there. When we got
back the first time I emailed them hoping they'd open one up in Massachusetts.

John

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
In Texas we have whataburger, five guys, kincaids, jakes, sonic, and I think we now have an in and out somewhere around here in dallas/ft worth. At least thats what I've heard. My fav is whataburger. My wife has to make a few trips to a place called blakes lotta burger when we go visit her family in new mexico.

·
Registered
192 Posts

·
Leader of Group Evil
11,253 Posts
Five Guys

Oh hell yeah. Not many chains I like, but that's one of 'em.

Around here...Smashburger, Chipotle (they started in Denver), Five Guys.

In Kansas City, Oklahoma Joe's BBQ and Gas Station. You guys are so lucky, that place is epic.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
We have McDonalds in alabama... i bet you guys dont have that.

No but seriously, a place I ate over in south Georgia was a Bojangles. Great food.

Of course, down in South GA, there's also a Waho, and across the street a Huddle House. Exact copy but with different colored signs lol

-rockstate

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Taco Box. Kinda like taco bell only better. Dozen taquitos, large drink and hot salsa, hella lunch and the toilet hates you afterwards.

Seen What-A-Burger in Phoenix (about 4 blocks from our office).
In-N-Out in Vegas. Great place when your drunk.
NM has Blakes Lota' Burger. And yes, you can get bacon.

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Well one my favorites is in Yakima Washington called the Miner Burger @ Miner's Restaurant.
We had a What a Burger here in town and it closed down :(
But we do have In n Out :)

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Qdoba is my favorite if in a large city that has them.

I've tried In & Out. Honestly...not a fan. Five Guys...now that's a burger to write home about.

OG...Blakes is a NM thing and its a good place to eat too. Lots of small towns have them too and I love green chile on my burger now.

Chick Fil A is also a favorite of mine, but I haven't eaten there in a while.

My last favorite fast food is Panda Express. Its not Chinese food, but I love eating there!

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We have chick fil, panda express, and sonic here. All pretty good. Never heard of McDonalds, sounds weird.
Five guys huh? I think any place that serves fries in a cup is worth a try.
How about Wendy's? Is that in other states? Is anybody else a little freaked out by their square burger patties?
Is Baker's outside of California? Baker's is pretty good for lunch, and incredible for drunk dinner. Old fashion burger, half pound of fries, and a coke.
Is there a Kentucky Fried Chicken in Kentucky? Anybody from there? I'd love to hear it doesn't exist there just for laughs.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Why did I read this? I'm so hungry now!! In Alabama there is a Mexican place called Taco Casa that is amazing! I don't think we have anything unique fast food-wise here in NW Louisiana. Just lots of Cajun restaurants.

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
Cajun food rocks!

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Why did I read this? I'm so hungry now!! In Alabama there is a Mexican place called Taco Casa that is amazing! I don't think we have anything unique fast food-wise here in NW Louisiana. Just lots of Cajun restaurants.
There's a program on tv called Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. The host, Guy, goes to a lot of really cool places.

After reading this thread, I'd love to have a burger with cheese and bacon, maybe a Wendy's burger. The Baconator triple is sooo good, but I'm rarely hungry enough to eat it.

Baconator® Triple - Wendy's

For fast food, I like going to Caribbean restaurants. Nothing really compares to Jerk Chicken, Ox tail or Roti.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Here in MA, I typically go to Boston Market (chicken) or Tennessee's BBQ (beef ribs) for fast food. If I'm in a rush, it's typically Quiznos (subs) or Wendy's.

I usually prefer getting take out. My favorite rib place, although not a chain, is "RedBones" in Davis Square, Somerville, MA.

While in Texas, I preferred Schlotzsky's (sandwich place) and Luby's (cafeteria style). In Atlanta, GA it was the "Varsity" (burger place).

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
McDonalds for the kids.... 5 Guys or Chee-Chee Burger for us.

In Vegas, I do love In-n-Out or Fat Burger. They also have Del Taco.

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
I'm kinda curious whether any of these burger joints today cook their burgers in lard.

My folks used to rave about having them in the 50s, and we all know what isn't good for you, usually tastes the best.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
29 Participants
Oplotis
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing