Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have had a long time theory, which has been proven true countless times, that the tastiest burgers come from Mexican food places. It sounds odd, I know, but it's the grease on the grille which gives hamburger patty a taste like no other. A minor version of this is the bacon-double-del from Del Taco. (which isn't really Mexican food:dry3d:) They are delicious.

I imagine you have Carl's Jr in other states? They make things like this, this, and OH YES! THIS! :first:

don't want a burger? How bout KFC?

......:beatsme: Hmm, wrong link, but that can be found in California.

Perhaps you want some pizza to go with that beer? Yes you do! Call Domino's and enjoy their new improved pizza! If you saw their commercials, they openly and publicly admitted they have been serving crappy pizza for years, and they did improve. I'm a big fan of their new pizza.

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Love the bootylicious servant...

·
Registered
92 Posts
in north carolina we have a sonic drive inn. pretty good food,they bring it out to your car on skates and during the summer they usally have a mini car show on weekend nights.

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
Hands down around these parts!
PORTILLO'Shttp://www.portillos.com
Have the BEST beef sandwiches and hotdogs....hell, the whole menu is great and they ship. :tu:

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Go east out of Farmington to Aztec and the yhave an A & W Rootbeer stand. Used to have one in farmington years ago but it closed. We also have Hometown Hamburgers, which is great when at the track because it's greasy and filling.

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Go east out of Farmington to Aztec and the yhave an A & W Rootbeer stand. Used to have one in farmington years ago but it closed. We also have Hometown Hamburgers, which is great when at the track because it's greasy and filling.
I like the Mozza burger at A&W..gotta have a Root Beer in a frosty glass mug or it just isn't as good

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Why do I open this thread when I'm hungry??

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,634 Posts
Apparently Taco Bell Beef Burrito isn't 100% beef. Lots of fillers added. Those fillers require that I keep my home's plumbing in good working order

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Man, never heard of Mc Donalds? Your probably healthier for it though. Just a word of advice if you do eat at a Mc Donalds: If you tell them you do not want any added salt they will make your burger fresh or at least it will be freshly thawed. Also, only their regular burgers are wrapped in paper that says 100% real beef printed on the wrapper. Makes ya wonder why the other burgers wrappers don't say that?

For those who are in the area, like Spencer, there is a restaurant called Bone Fish, which originated out of Tampa, in the Winter Garden Village. They are primarily a sea food restaurant but about a year ago they started serving a hamburger made with Kobe beef. They call it the Kobe burger. It cost about 10 bucks I think, been a little while since I had one, but man you cannont compare the flavor and juciness to any other beef burger I have found. If you have never heard of Kobe beef you are not alone. Do some research on it and you will find it is very hard to find and very expensive, usually about $70-$100 per pound. If you ever get the chance or have a higher end restaurant that you find will serve such a burger then I highly recommend you try it. Another similar type beef is called Wagyu.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Bone Fish is an offshoot of Outback, never had a burger there. Five Guys is awesome, along with a little drive thru in Trenton, Fl known as the Burger Spot. Fresh burgers and onion rings with sweet tea!!

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Carl's Jr is also known as Hardees in the south east.
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
what about tosee little gut bombs that surely everyone has downed a sack or two of in their lifetime... krystals! or whitecastles. we've had krystals here in tn longer than i've been around. whitecastle made it here a couple decades or so ago. i'll down a few every now and again, but these days when i want a burger i go to 5 guys. i go for the fries more than the burgers to tell the truth but the burgers are pretty good. i wish 5 guys had that chargrilled taste i have only been able to find at burger king though. as a kid i remember watching those burgers on the conveyor disappear into the flames and come out the other side all cooked and juicy. gotta love the flavor of the whopper!

·
NASH
3,634 Posts
That's a good point. The flavor of the Wopper really isn't matched in the fast food industry.

Man, I wish they still were 99 cents like back in the day.

·
Registered
690 Posts
SmashBurger opened a store a couple of blocks from our nearest In-N-Out, and I think if they had a drive through, they would put a serious dent in the In-N-Out business. I have been a fan of In-N-Out for more than forty years, and when given a choice, they are the one I go to for a burger - unless there might be a SmashBurger nearby; SB has made an impression on my burger psyche. Here in Las Vegas, there are so many choices for good food, but for "fast food", drive through type places, the usual suspects hold sway: Booger Kink, Snarls Jr., Mickey D's, Jaque en le Carton, Fat Booger, Popeye's, KFC, Church's, et al. I like Sonic for breakfast on the go, and DQ for a change from time to time.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
29 Participants
Oplotis
Toyota Tundra Forums
Tundra Solutions Forum - the best community to talk, mods, price, repair and research your Toyota!
Full Forum Listing