Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just a quick question from a newbie to the ts web site and new to the world of tundras. Bought an 02 limited 4wd ac about a month ago with 130 on the odo and today when i was changing the serpintine belt I had taken the air tube off and and had noticed the throttle body had probly never been cleaned, so I cleaned it buttoned it all back up and a couple hours later ran to the local burger shack and back and noticed that the idle was up around 1000 in gear with foot on brake and 1500 to 1600 back in park fully warmed up. I came in and searched ts for an answer and with no luck. went back out tore it apart again to see if i missed something just got back from a 10 mile drive and again 1000 at stop signes and 1500 to 1600 in park so now i am posting my dehlima to the masters of ts for a little help:mad:. anything would be great thanks in advance. :ts:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Sounds like a hose is not on. An air leak maybe, might have to double check everything once more. You could also try disconnecting the battery for some time and let the computer restart.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Sounds like the idle air control valve (IAC) may be sticking... ;)

It's a common thing if yer cleaning out the throttle body. I should be located at the bottom of the throttle body. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
Something else to consider...if the prior owner was having issues with the idle due to a dirty throttle body, he/she might have bumped up the idle speed to compensate. There's a screw adjustment near the throttle body to compensate. It might need to be backed down a notch or two. Just a thought.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
It's completely normal after a TB cleaning. Don't worry about it. The ECU will 'relearn' the proper idle settings.
Correct. If you are imaptient, disconnect the negative battery cable for a minute or two.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
went out and disconnected the battery for 10 min. and then took it for a ride and the problem was solved thanks for every ones help!!!!!!:beavbutt:

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
Glad you fixed it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts