Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can tell from my profile what I drive, it idles fine cranks fine but when I apply gas the number2 cylinder throws a missfire code. P0302, and I need to replace a sensor P0446. so you think its the plug the injector or something else?

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
I got water in my coilpacks one time when i washed the engine bay. Truck started running rough and misfiring. I let it dry, checked all the coilpacks and they were fine, but it fouled a plug, i'm guessing from it running crappy on that cylinder. Plugs are cheapest, replace those first and see if it helps!

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Clear the code and swap the coil pack from cylinder 2 with another one. See if the code follows the pack to it's new cylinder. If so, you have a bad coil pack.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So dropped off the truck at local dealer this morning and he calls me around 3 hours later to tell me what I told him #2 coil is bad. so I ask if any other codes come up and he say I didnt see any. makes me wonder how capable they are. then he gives me the run down on the minor problems flush for the trans, and new brake pads and so on. I told him just to fix the code errors and call me when it was done.

·
Registered
917 Posts
So dropped off the truck at local dealer this morning and he calls me around 3 hours later to tell me what I told him #2 coil is bad. so I ask if any other codes come up and he say I didnt see any. makes me wonder how capable they are. then he gives me the run down on the minor problems flush for the trans, and new brake pads and so on. I told him just to fix the code errors and call me when it was done.
Why would you wonder this? You pulled the same code he did. Were you thinking he would call Ms. Cleo and get out of world reading. :clown:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that because I pulled two codes and he only went by what I told him, I cant see why I would pull two codes and he would only pull one. Got my truck back today and everything looks good so far. Thanks to the tech who worked on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts