Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was flipping through the tube and came across an episode of ALF. I loved that show when I was a kid. It got me to thinking about oldies but goodies like the fall guy and greatest american hero. Anybody else have some fond memories of shows gone by?

·
Fellow Tundra Owner
1,847 Posts
I really enjoyed Alf. I miss the old shows such as Adam 12, Dragnet and SWAT.

QUOTE=jsodep5338]Last night I was flipping through the tube and came across an episode of ALF. I loved that show when I was a kid. It got me to thinking about oldies but goodies like the fall guy and greatest american hero. Anybody else have some fond memories of shows gone by?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Loved Alf, Fall Guy, Simon & Simon, Knight Rider, Dukes of Hazard (I have all the seasons on DVD (Those released so far)), Chips, McGyver, Miami Vice, OOOHHHH soo many.:tu:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Ahh pity da foos who didnt mention A Team!

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Anything that eats stray cats has a warm place in my heart:D . I have a Alf poster on my tool room door that says "GOT CAT". My son bought it for me last Fathers Day.

Larry

·
Registered
109 Posts
I was born in the late, late 70's and the earliest shows I can remember watching and watched on a regular basis is "Who's the Boss" "Full House" "Alf" "Growing Pains" and who could forget "Cheers" and "M.A.S.H"

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
I may be young, but I still enjoyed watching the oldies when I was still in the He-man undies:rolleyes: .

I used to watch, Fall Guy, A Team, Knight Rider (favorite), mork and mindy, laverne and shirley, Happy Days, that Heaven show??? I think Highway to heaven or something?, Macguyver (another favorite), and sometimes the Golden Girls! yes yes I said it so back off:clown:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I remember watching unsolved mysteries with my grandmother when I was probably 10 or 11 that show knows how to scare the heck out of a kid. I'd watch the show then run to my bedroom and hide under the covers waiting for the hillside strangler or westside slasher to come and get me. What was my grandma thinking?? That show still freaks me out.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
You guys are kids... ;)

About 'bout McCale's Navy, Petticoat Junction, Gilligan's Island, Land of the Giants, Time Tunnel and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea...

...and what about Saturday morning cartoons? You had to get up early because by 9:AM they were pretty much over. I loved Road Runner, then later Speed Racer and Scooby Doo. That was pre-cable TV for us - we probably got 6 channels (back when you actually knew which were in VHF or UHF).

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I loved watching Hunter "Works for me", how about Starsky and Hutch "Zebra 3 come in".

I also remember watching some Japanese Anime cartoons like "Battle of the Planets, G Force" and "Starblazers". They are called something totally different in Japan, but they translated well into English.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You guys are bringing back memories. All good stuff. Don't forget Magnum P.I. , Eight is Enough, and even Little House on the Prairie(hey, someone mentioned the Golden Girls). And there was the Alfred Hitchcock hour which had short Twilight Zone type stuff. The Fall Guy was a definite favorite though, I mean, he was the Six Million Dollar Man--Steve Austin,Astronaut........
I got a picture somewhere of me lifting the A-team van at Universal Studios, just like B.A. could do. This was like 15 years ago, I go there now and the van is roped off and dusty cause nobody knows what it is anymore.

·
Registered
326 Posts
;) Ah, now I'll really go back to black & white TV. How about Highway Patrol with Brodrick Crawford? And Racket Squad. And the Red Buttons comedy show? And going way way back Captain Video with Buster Crab. Hopalong Cassidy - its endless but was all great entertainment. Coal miner - Jersey

·
Mr. MaCocky
1,207 Posts
Beings we’re going back to black and white….how ‘bout Life with Riley, Love that Bob, Pete and Gladys. For comedy hours, it was hard to beat Red Skelton or a little later on, The Smother’s Brothers Comedy Hour. Let’s also not forget Dean Martin. Oh yeah, Bonanza and Ed Sullivan always made for a good Sunday nights TV.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
The original Mickey Mouse Club
Gunsmoke
Green Acres
The Lone Ranger
Lassie
Popeye
Smothers Brothers
Sonny & Cher Comedy Hour
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In
Gomer Pyle
The Andy Griffith Show
Shindig
Hullabaloo
American Bandstand

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Nobody mentioned Little Rascals, Three Stooges, Battlestar Gallactica, BJ and the Bear, Tom and Jerry cartoons, Speed Buggy, Emergency, The Waltons, Hardy Boys , Eight is Enough (hey, 2 people mentioned the Golden Girls and Little House on the Prairie), Six million dollar man (sort of mentioned), Bionic Woman (Why didn't they ever hook up???), Wonder Woman, Charlies Angels, CHiPs, and many more that I forget.

The whole last group was because it was "family" television air times. I had a choice, watch what Mom and Dad wanted on our living room TV or go play with toys in my room. After a while they grow on you.

Fall guy was the man.... lifted truck, Heather Locklear, crazy stunts!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Johnny Law said:
I loved watching Hunter "Works for me", how about Starsky and Hutch "Zebra 3 come in".

I also remember watching some Japanese Anime cartoons like "Battle of the Planets, G Force" and "Starblazers". They are called something totally different in Japan, but they translated well into English.
Starblazers was Star Cruiser Yamato or something like that,I saw the movie when I lived overseas.

I remember watching Robotech,some local channel (odd number like 57) would have two episodes in the afternoon. I programmed the VCR to record them every day since I was still at school when the first episode was shown. What about GI Joe and Transformers ;)

Ok,more non-cartoon shows:
A Man Called Hawk - Avery Brooks (captain in Star Trek Deep Space 9) as a crime fighter named Hawk,was a spinoff of Spenser For Hire.

Sable - vigalante dude with a blind guy helping him out. It was based on a comic.

Viper - Crime fighter with a high-tech car,story sounds familiar right :D This time it's a Dodge Viper and it doesn't talk.

Baywatch - I watched it for the great story lines...yeah and I read Playboy for the articles :clown:

Charles In Charge - It was kinda corny,but I found it amusing. I liked that one short blonde girl,who ended up starring in Baywatch later in her career LOL

Here's one that I can't remember the title of. We were talking about it at work and nobody can remember either. Crime fighter with a high-tech vehicle (how original) but this time it's a motorcycle and it doesn't talk. It did have some kind of turbo boost jump thing though.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Popular a little before my time, but on re-runs my all time fav is:
The Honeymooners
Jackie Gleason
Art Carney
Audrey Meadows
Joyce Randolph

That was some good comedy
Bang - Zoom to the Moon Alice

·
Registered
507 Posts
I liked Saturday morning cartoons. The ones I remember were:

Spiderman and his Amazing Friends, Superfriends, Shazam!, Duck Tales, Fat Albert, Home Turf, Kid Video, If nothing else was on, the Smurfs :eek:

During the week after school I would watch alot of TV:

Spiderman, GI Joe, Transformers, Robotech, Gobots, M.A.S.K.,Inspector Gadget, Flintstones, He Man Thundercats (Ho!) Scooby Doo Heathcliff and Marmaduke, Tom & Jerry, Looney Toons

Batman, Brady Bunch, Bewitched, Silver Spoons, The Odd Couple, Who's the Boss (Alyssa Milano!, my 8th grade crush :D )

Prime Time Shows I remember watching were:

Night Rider, Blue Thunder, The A-team, Miami Vice, CHiPs, Airwolf, Street Hawk, the Hulk, MacGuyver, Dukes of Hazard, Hawaii 5-0, Magnum PI, FAME:eek: , 21 JumpStreet

Sitcoms I remember were:

Different Strokes, Punky Brewster, Blossom, Facts of Life, Cosby Show, Greatest American Hero, Bosom Buddies, Perfect Strangers, the Wonder Years, Head of the Class and my favorite Three's Company

Late night I remember my dad watching Benny Hill. I always remember Benny Hill patting the "old man" on the head really fast.

My favorite show still running from the late 80's is The Simpsons :D

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
mpdcoper said:
. . . who could forget "Cheers" and "M.A.S.H"
Speaking of M.A.S.H . . . For 100 points, can anyone name the theme song for that show? The lyrics were actually used in the movie but the tune carried on, just like Radar, for the TV show.

For the answer: http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/8200/Song.htm

Benny Hill? Fabulously funny show. Very suggestive as well with very pretty young women most of the time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts