Toyota Tundra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
allrightnow said:
Speaking of M.A.S.H . . . For 100 points, can anyone name the theme song for that show? The lyrics were actually used in the movie but the tune carried on, just like Radar, for the TV show.

Suicide is painless. I didn't check the link but I'm pretty sure that is it.:D

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I remember staying home from school when I was "sick" and watching Leave it to Beaver and then The Price is Right. I Dream of Jeannie (Barbara Eden was hot) and Bewitched (Eliz. Montgomery was also hot) were also on during the day in syndication.

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
My favorite old shows are: The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Dick Van Dyke, Mr. Ed, My Favorite Martian, I Dream Of Jeanie, Bewitched,things like that!! I watched the Bowrie Boys, Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Hardy on Sundays.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Johnny Law said:
I remember staying home from school when I was "sick" and watching Leave it to Beaver and then The Price is Right. I Dream of Jeannie (Barbara Eden was hot) and Bewitched (Eliz. Montgomery was also hot) were also on during the day in syndication.
There's a couple of great ones all right, but they weren't in syndication when I was a kid! :clown:

There have been a lot of great ones mentioned here already. What about Good Times, Welcome Back Kotter, I Love Lucy, Brady Bunch, Mary Tyler Moore, The $64,000 Question, Perry Mason, Name That Tune, Father Knows Best, The Ed Sullivan Show, The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right, The Twilight Zone, The Monkees, Our Gang, Star Trek, Felix the Cat, Gilligan's Island, The Smothers Brothers, My Three Sons, Batman, Lassie, The Beverly Hillbillies, Candid Camera, Gomer Pyle, The Munsters, Hogan's Heros, Green Acres, Get Smart, Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In, Mayberry R.F.D., Ironside, Marcus Welby, M.D., Hawaii Five-O, The Bill Cosby Show, The Flip Wilson Show, Adam-12, Mannix, The Partridge Family, Sanford and Son, All In The Family, Kojak, Cannon, The Six Million Dollar Man, Happy Days, The Jeffersons, Laverne and Shirley, Three's Company, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Mork and Mindy, Taxi, WKRP in Cincinnati, Eight is Enough, Dallas, and What's Happening!! :D :D

Yup, over the years I watched all of these shows on and off. Some were great and lasted many years and others were more my parents style (either watch and be quiet or go do your homework!) so I watched anyway. They were all entertaining back then and still worth a watch now if you get the chance.

Phil :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
How about Sunday night's Mutual O'Maha's Wild Kingdom with M. Perkins and Saturday morning...the original "Tarzan" with Johnny Weismiller!! and I remember reruns of "Flash Gordon" series

the original and only Saturday night live with Belushi,Akroyd etc), Monty Python's Flying Circus, Twilight Zone

those who remember Mary Tyler moore...what about "Laugh In" and "Hee Haw"...any HOOSIERS remember the "Cowboy Bob show"??? - "if you can't say anything nice don't say anthing at all!!

·
Premium Member
409 Posts
When I got home from delivering the "monster" sized Sunday morning paper, I'll always remember Popeye, George of the jungle, Super Chicken and Tom Slick.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Emergency 51, Thundar the Barbarian, The Electric Company, Underdog, Kikaida, Rainbow man, The 5 Rangers, Kamenrider V3, Remmington Steele, Startrek, Dinky.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Local one here in Phx. on KPHO TV5 was
Wallace & Ladmo

Show with cartoons and stupid skits with characters like
Gerald
Boffo the Clown
Marshall Good
Captain Super
Mr. Grudgemeyer
The Wizard
Bobby Joe Trouble
Aunt Maude

It was on from the 50's to late 80's

·
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
1,267 Posts
Most of the good, 'ol, 1980s cartoons I still thoroughly enjoy. I have the entire original Transformers series on DVD, and I'm in the process of getting Knight Rider on DVD. Here are some of my favorite TV shows;

Knight Rider (1980s show)
Original Battlestar Galactica, NOT the new remake
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Tripping the Rift
Star Wars: Clone Wars animated series
Droids (1980s Star Wars television series)
Transformers (original 1980s show)
Beast Wars: Transformers
Gundam Wing (1990s show)
He-Man (original 1980s, not the attempted 2000 or so remake)
Spidey & Friends (1970s show, see it in reruns)
Wallace & Ladmo (my brother and I saw them live, and he won one of their signature bags).
Silverhawks (1980s)
Thundercats (1980s, Cheetara was and still is my favorite)
Thunderbirds (1950s)
And pretty much any show that features large to huge kick-butt robots, especially transforming ones.

·
Registered
118 Posts
jsodep5338 said:
Last night I was flipping through the tube and came across an episode of ALF. I loved that show when I was a kid. It got me to thinking about oldies but goodies like the fall guy and greatest american hero. Anybody else have some fond memories of shows gone by?
i love the oldies .... pure classics. #1 MASH #2 ALL IN THE FAIMILY #3 CHEERS #4 SEINFELD #5 BOB NEW HART #6 MARY TYLER MOORE #7 THE JEFFERSONS # 8 SANFORD AND SON #9 I LOVE LUCY #10 THE HONEY MOONERS. anyone remember these..... jonny quest , bj and the bear , the courtship of eddies father, land of the lost, the night stalker series , tales from the crypt ,twilight zone, china beach . just to name a few.

·
Toyota Lifer
862 Posts
Battlestar Galactica......And I love the new one too!
Star trek
Miami Vice..... I hope the movie is good
Hill street Blues

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Damn I can't believe I forgot about "Streets of San Francisco" with a very young Michael Douglas. Also, I remember a show with Buddy Ebsen in it as a sleuth solving a crime an episode with his niece (?) and her husband. Anyone know the name, I'm drawing a blank.

How about "McCloud" and "Colombo" "McMillan and wife" they were part of the NBC Sunday and Wedesday Mystery movie. How about "Hart to Hart", and "The Love Boat".

I do remember Johnny Quest and also Darren McGavin as Kolchak, the Night Stalker. Anyone remember George Peppard as "Banachek". Nobody mentioned "Quincy M.E.", that was a good one.

**EDIT** Buddy Ebsen starred as Barnaby Jones, which was the name I was trying to think of.

·
I'm just here for the food!
600 Posts
42GAMI said:
...Kikaida,...
Haha, oh man you had to bring up Kikaida! Yea i used to watch that too but was a bit too young to really remember details. Looking up online, the tv show I couldn't figure out was indeed called "Highway to Heaven" with Michael Landon. I used to like that show.

Other shows that I used to watch were: Nightcourt, Flash, Viper (I loved it when he used the hologram for the car!), the time travel series where the cop was from the future and he zaps criminals back to the future with his credit card!:rolleyes: (that's all I remember from the show), Doogie Howser, and mostly local televised shows.

Growing up in Hawai'i, there's a huge asian influence down here so as a little kid, I would watch the above mentioned Kikaida superhero series along with usually more adult oriented shows that my grandparents loved. Some of these shows included, Zatoichi: the blind swordsman, a classic among locals here! The 7 samurai, and a show called "The Chef" which basically was a rouge chef in Japan that would cook anyone anything they wanted for two million yen! and there were this group of people always trying to capture him for what; I forget but it's basically the same principal of pokemon how the two people were always trying to catch Pikachu but couldn't! Same concept but dealt with food. That show I would think had a subtle impact on my choice to become a cook today:)

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
I liked these:

M.A.S.H., Baa Baa Black Sheep (Black Sheep Squadron), Emergency, WKRP in Cincinnati, Adam-12, Get Smart, Laugh-In, Gilligan's Island, Greatest American Hero, Star Trek, Happy Days, Fridays, and the old Saturday Night Live episodes.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
kaleo said:
Haha, oh man you had to bring up Kikaida!

Growing up in Hawai'i, there's a huge asian influence down here so as a little kid ...
Arbareno Shogun (the chick was hot!)
hawaii synidicated shows:
checkers and pogo
andi bumatai
hawaiian moving company
lets go fishing w/harry kojima

eh, kaleo, how come you know all the small kine kid shows? i older than you. :p

·
Registered
507 Posts
I forgot we had to watch some PBS shows in school.

In elementary school remember the cool science program "3-2-1 Contact"?

And if you ever took Francais in high school, you were forced to watch "French in Action". Is it me or did "Mireille" ever wear a bra?; she made the program worth watching :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Favorite show-Shaman King. As a child, I liked anime, so I just dragged myself away from all these dizzying battles, spirits and attacks that spread all around.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts