Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 4-door, Limited, 4x4, 56k miles, auto, no modifications.

Sometimes when I come to a full stop at a stop sign, after about ten seconds I feel a "bump" like someone has tapped me in the rear bumper. That was my first thought the first time this happened, and I freaked out when I saw there was no one behind me.

Initially I thought that maybe the slip joint in the driveshaft may need to be lubricated, but I do that (or check it) at every oil change.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Gary

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
My wife's Corolla does that. Something wrong with tranny? it has 75K miles only all granny driving. Maintenance up to date.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Is it just me, or does this question come up constantly? And how often does the one asking have a post count of 1?

I'm not getting on you Gary, but this does come up often. If you search around on the forum, there is some good info on how to deal with this since yours is 4WD. It is common in many Tundras, but us 2WD guys are S.O.L. There are some zerk fittings (I don't know exactly where) around the driveshaft and/or U joints on the 4WD that supposedly improves this condition.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sir, yes sir! Hoo-Rah . . .

found the zerk fittings (as noted, during many prior oil changes) but the "bump" situation still exists.

Thanks. I'll do a search.

·
Premium Member
2,366 Posts
Sir, yes sir! Hoo-Rah . . .

found the zerk fittings (as noted, during many prior oil changes) but the "bump" situation still exists.

Thanks. I'll do a search.
If your a/c or defrost is on it might be the a/c compressor cycling on and off as that changes the idle speed.

Larry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts