Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all what kind of paint do I tell the body shop to use and apply to my truck for repair of a fender bender on hood and front bumper? How do you specify only Toyota Parts?

Thanks

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
The body shop should know. Base paint goes on, clear coat over it.. What color is your truck? Any pics of the accident?

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
paint is pretty much paint when u go to a quality body shop. dont go to maaco or one of those places of course. but a reputable body shop is going to use PPG or equivalent quality paint....and its easy to specify toyota parts. open mouth, and say "No aftermarket parts, only toyota parts". pretty easy. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
paint is pretty much paint when u go to a quality body shop. dont go to maaco or one of those places of course. but a reputable body shop is going to use PPG or equivalent quality paint....and its easy to specify toyota parts. open mouth, and say "No aftermarket parts, only toyota parts". pretty easy. :)
Spot on! PPG is what my shop shoots and its good, paint is typically only as good as the painter so like he said make sure its a quality shop. As far as parts, if you are the insured you dont have much say as to what kind of parts go on your truck (good news is there are not many aftermarket parts made for our truck), but it mainly depends on how your policy is written/who your insurance company is. If you are a claiment then most of the time you can demand OEM.

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
open mouth, and say "No aftermarket parts, only toyota parts". pretty easy. :)
Nothing like clarity in explanation :lol:. In my case however, an open mouth results in a cheeseburger being inserted. :pound:

My guess would be that there are no jobber major sheet metal parts for these trucks yet because of their age, and maybe a little because they are not "Big 3".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts