Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Fender Flares for my '06 A/C??

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Cosmo459sx 
#1 ·
Here is a pic of exactly what my truck looks like without fender flares (click on pic to enlarge). Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

I want to get some decent fender flares, unlike the very small factory installed version I've seen on other 6cyl a/cabs with the thin chrome strip. I would think something like the thick/curved matching colored flares that come on the V8 Tundras would look good.

If I got them from the factory and had installed it would probably be more expensive than if I went to a truck store that carried bushwacker products. The bushwacker brand looks pretty good. Does anyone have experience with their flares?? How much should I expect to spend on this, hopefully not more than $200-300??

#2 ·
#5 ·
Well then........ That wouldn't be too bad if I could install them myself. Please tell me that they adhere to the vehicle with more than some 3M extra tough tape.

#9 ·
I'm sure they just bolt on like the factory chrome strips that are on mine now. 140 for 4 would be 560 plus tax, plus painting. I knew I should have gotten them, but I was out a vehicle and had a move coming so I did what I did. The aftermarket sets I've seen are around 350 max, but they aren't painted either.

#10 ·
And how muc would it be for the factory bolt on chrome strip thingees?

#11 ·
My local dealer wants $120.00 ea. plus tax for the factory bolt on chrome strip thingees. Personally, I like look of 05regcab's flares better than the stainless Wheel Opening Moldings on mine, and they would look good on your black truck. They're also cheaper, and no painting!

#12 ·
My local dealer wants $120.00 ea. plus tax for the factory bolt on chrome strip thingees. Personally, I like look of 05regcab's flares better than the stainless Wheel Opening Moldings on mine, and they would look good on your black truck. They're also cheaper, and no painting!
For sure man. I can't justify paying that for such a miniscule upgrade. But his are still 300+. Maybe for now I'll just look for a good set of chrome step bars to accent and then go from there. Has to be better deals out there than that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.