Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my dealer friday to get my recall done and asked their parts guy about fender flares, and what they price them at. I have a 10' Rock Warrior and the stock tires throw anything that's on the road right down the side of the truck.

He told me that he has never even seen factory fender flares on the new Tundras, and he also told me that the only ones that would have them would have special clips built into the fender, and hat if the truck didn't come with them originally I wouldn't be able to put new ones on, because the hardware wouldn't be there to attach them.

I was going to purchase some from sparkstrd, and I was under the impression that they were a factory part. The parts guy at the dealer said they don't even have a part number. I even showed him the website and he said he didn't think they were factory, and he didn't know how they would attach.

Can someone tell me what the deal is?, I was planning on ordering a set from sparks color keyed super white, but asked the dealer just to see the price difference, but now I'm not sure what I'd actually be getting, and how they attach. I also would like to know if they are compatible with the factory plastic mud flaps that are already on the truck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

·
Registered
333 Posts
the ones from Sparks are not factory parts- they are a very high quality aftermarket units. Which is why they sell them.
I am in the market for flares too, but am going with the Bushwackers since they offer me more coverage.
I seem to recall that if you pull them up on the Sparks website ,there is a .pdf file that shows the installation instructions.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones from Sparks are not factory parts- they are a very high quality aftermarket units. Which is why they sell them.
I am in the market for flares too, but am going with the Bushwackers since they offer me more coverage.
I seem to recall that if you pull them up on the Sparks website ,there is a .pdf file that shows the installation instructions.
Hope that helps.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

Do you know off hand what the difference in coverage between the two are? Or how much the ones from sparks adds? I would like wider, but don't want to have to get them painted locally.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The factory ones come on the XSP trim package. I think these are only sold in the SE. My truck has them and the bolt on from the underside of the fender. They have a rubber gasket that seals them on the truck. I think if you can find them they will fit any truck. I will try to get pics of mine on Monday and how they attach.

·
Registered
125 Posts
THese are the ones from Sparks they come with all the hardware to install, No drilling required.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Sparks is part so a network of dealerships owned by the came folks -- SouthEast Toyota. They own alot of dealers from Florida half-way up the east coast. SET has a distributor that puts these on a lot of their trucks and the dealers have access to the stock -- they are high quality and OEM fit/finish. They are also competitively priced with the bushwacker line. I do not know how the Bushwackers install, but the SETs install w/o any drilling and uses a couple of clips and existing bolts in your fenderwell. For the money, the Sparks discounted price is the best painted price you'll find......

Hope this helps... Good Luck....

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Sparks is part so a network of dealerships owned by the came folks -- SouthEast Toyota. They own alot of dealers from Florida half-way up the east coast. SET has a distributor that puts these on a lot of their trucks and the dealers have access to the stock -- they are high quality and OEM fit/finish. They are also competitively prices with the bushwacker line. I do not know how the Bushwackers install, but the SETs install w/o any drilling and uses a couple of clips and existing bolts in your fenderwell. For the money, the Sparks discounted is the best painted price you'll find......

Hope this helps... Good Luck....
ditto....well with the exception of appearing like im texting on a cell phone hahaha....but sparks does have the best pricing and those do have the best OEM look and fit /finish. if you want a more rugged look then bushwacker would be my choice but sounds like u want a factory appearance so those would be the ones to go with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replys!

I think the ones from sparks are probably the way I'll go. From the pictures you guys have posted that should be plenty of coverage, and they look really good.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts