Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As promised, TRD SPARKS Fender Flares installed. After doing the front driver's side as the first installed, the rest went on smoothly.

I love the look that it adds to my exterior, and they fill the wheel gap a bit more which is a bonus.

THANK YOU TRDSPARKS! Thank you also to those of you who have installed them previously and posted pics which led me to get them on.........

I wish that I could trade someone my Silver 22s for the same wheel in black with the chrome lip; I would feel the truck's exterior would be complete until it becomes time to paint it in a 2 or 3 tone!

PICS AS PROMISED!

Attachments

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks good! Have you thought about getting the center of your rims powder coated? I would buy some fender flares, but they are too expensive for what you get. Maybe if they were $200 painted I would get some.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
TK, have you tried a wheel repair place that can refinish them in black or whatever you want? either that or a local PC place but most of the powdercoaters dont like to have to deal with a chrome lip, they want to do the whole part or none....

but the flares look good...wish they didnt have to notch it around the fuel door like that, thats the only thing that bugs me but the overall look is great, and even if you keep the wheels the way they are, they look good since they match the running board/nerf bars u have...

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ha. in the next to last pic, notice how your fender lines almost match that HHR's in the background haha.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Look very nice! S/C is next on your list? LOL
Thanks, TOO MUCH $$$$ for one of those! If I had a RC, I would.....

Looks good! Have you thought about getting the center of your rims powder coated? I would buy some fender flares, but they are too expensive for what you get. Maybe if they were $200 painted I would get some.
Thanks, I needed a new look to the exterior since I haven't done anything with it in awhile. They are a bit pricey, but with my 305/45/22s throwing up rocks once in awhile on fender areas (especially the passenger rear), I need them.

Looks good!

Unfortunately those wheels are discontinued. Already looked for them!
Wonder what is up with that?

ha. in the next to last pic, notice how your fender lines almost match that HHR's in the background haha.
Great eye; I am never looking at the details behind the scenes of pics!

Looks good.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
TK, have you tried a wheel repair place that can refinish them in black or whatever you want? either that or a local PC place but most of the powdercoaters dont like to have to deal with a chrome lip, they want to do the whole part or none....

but the flares look good...wish they didnt have to notch it around the fuel door like that, thats the only thing that bugs me but the overall look is great, and even if you keep the wheels the way they are, they look good since they match the running board/nerf bars u have...
Forgot to answer that I do have a contact who repaired one of me wheels who is willing to hook me up for advertising him at the shows, races, and with friends. He mentioned that he may be able to paint the wheels, but is unsure how to go about the rivets going around the wheels. I haven't looked to see if they can be removed.

I don't know about anyone else but I really like the silver rims. The fender flares look real good. Must get supercharger!
Thanks, I do love the wheels, but just want something different now that they have been on there for a couple years. I am not looking spend a lot of money again for wheels though so I would be wanting to trade.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks great TK - These are on my "to-do" list also.... someday....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Good to hear the pics helped you buy them. They look awesome on your truck

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
500 Posts
Looks great!!! I got my flares to break up the lines on my DC. The added protection was a bonus. :D

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks great!!! I got my flares to break up the lines on my DC. The added protection was a bonus. :D
Wow! I looked through your album pics; you have done a great transformation with your truck and fender flares are an outstanding change! Thanks for the compliment!

·
Registered
41 Posts
As promised, TRD SPARKS Fender Flares installed. After doing the front driver's side as the first installed, the rest went on smoothly.

What all is involved in the install, is it a do it yourself, or take to body shop project?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Those really look nice. Did you install them yourself or did you have them installed? What's involved in the installation? How do they mate up with the existing wheel wells? Did you order yours already painted? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

What all is involved in the install, is it a do it yourself, or take to body shop project?
Those really look nice. Did you install them yourself or did you have them installed? What's involved in the installation? How do they mate up with the existing wheel wells? Did you order yours already painted? Thanks.
Alright to both of you here, they are TRDSPARKS Colormatched Fender Flares for a little over $400 shipping included. Definitely a do-it-yourself install. Socket set for hex screws, philips to remove 2 screw pop-outs and flathead for other pop-outs, a fine tip marker or grease pencil to mark 3 spots on each of the front fenders for the flare placement "s" clips, and patience putting the gaskets w/adhesive on the flares.

I have been getting all kinds of compliments on them! The only place where it looks a bit like an add-on is the very front where the front fender flares go from the flat side of the truck towards the bumper (a very minute gap). They make the truck look so much more custom.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts