Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about getting a set of Fender Flares but I'd like to know what you think of yours first and see some pics. Show me your flares, skinny or wide, TRD or aftermarket, let's see what you have. Pros and Cons?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Love my Toyota ones. You can get them already painted from sparks toyota. Photos of mine are in the photo album.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too love the look of the OEM ones that came on the truck. Can't imagine the truck without them now.
cheers.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Once you put the flares on it, does it actually make it look lower than it did without the flares. Have priced out a set at sparks and considering it. The only lift i have in the 2.5 in the front to level it off. I have not done the 1" lift at rear yet because it sits level and that was my goal. No on the other hand if I lift the back up1" I am going to get back some of the nose down syndrome i fear.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Those look pretty good. How wide are they? How much did they set you back?
They add about an inch more room for bigger tires. I bought the non painted ones so they were about $120 less than the painted ones. Then spent about $60 on paint/clear to paint them myself.

Parts in Category - Sparks Toyota - Toyota Racing Development Parts

Once you put the flares on it, does it actually make it look lower than it did without the flares. Have priced out a set at sparks and considering it. The only lift i have in the 2.5 in the front to level it off. I have not done the 1" lift at rear yet because it sits level and that was my goal. No on the other hand if I lift the back up1" I am going to get back some of the nose down syndrome i fear.
I dont think they make the truck look lower at all. Makes it have a more of an aggressive look.

·
Registered
397 Posts
What material are these made out of?
Plastic with rubber strip that goes on the back side so it doesn't rub on the paint of the truck.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
They add about an inch more room for bigger tires. I bought the non painted ones so they were about $120 less than the painted ones. Then spent about $60 on paint/clear to paint them myself.

Parts in Category - Sparks Toyota - Toyota Racing Development Parts

I dont think they make the truck look lower at all. Makes it have a more of an aggressive look.
Thanks for the link. I searched Sparks for them and they did not show up under the 2010 model year. I wonder if anything has changed for the 2010s???....
I think they will look great on lowered trucks with the insane fender/tire gaps. (like mine)
I'm glad to hear you painted your own. What color was the base plastic? If it's black, I'll just leave them unpainted

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Hmmm..For some reason I keep coming back to this thread...So in some opinions it makes the truck look lower..And I see it is posted that they close the fender well gap somewhat?
It looks to me like it does just that...optical illusion or not, I think it helps hide the enormous wheel openings on these things. The off road crowd must love that huge wheel opening.

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Wowzer!!! That freakin' looks awesome!! I have never been a fan of flares, but I am leaning more and more toward them!!

x2! Love the LOOK!

How about some pics of slate metallics with fender flares? They can be slate or black!

·
Registered
642 Posts
well I 've been thinking bout getting some but not sure yet....please more pixs!!:D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder how black ones would look on Pyrite? I had the factory fender flares on my white Tacoma and they were matte black, and looked great. Plus, no scratching since the flare was black plastic.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts