Toyota Tundra Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I get what you're saying - and over time I won't be as concerned about it because I'm sure I'm going to do something stupid and mess it up myself....it's just the idea that someone can be so careless. This was obviously an adult, with a nice truck themselves that did it.

Maybe I should have just gone ahead and christened it myself the day I brought it home...:)
Well here's a fun one for ya...

About a month ago, I got a brand new vehicle for work. I had 46 miles on the odometer when some guy slammed into me on the driver's side and did $3200 in damage. Thankfully it was his fault, but it "christened" the truck better than I ever could have!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm proud of my Tundra, as a TRUCK, not a vehicle to cater to the arts. It hauls hay, a boat, ATVs, my kiddos, etc. Trucks weren't made to be pretty - who the hell else thinks so?!? If you think that the commercial use of a Tundra to shuttle artworks back and forth in the city relates to the offroad community, then I believe that we will be interested in your explanation of such. We'd be more than happy to understand!

·
Registered
573 Posts
who said anything about relating to the offroad community? my truck hauls stuff, sorry about your insecurity with the art world, some of us hunt and fish as well, and are interested in chicks with big boobs, that doesn't mean we treat our possessions like crap. beat on it all you want, may be the most action you get.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well here's a fun one for ya...

About a month ago, I got a brand new vehicle for work. I had 46 miles on the odometer when some guy slammed into me on the driver's side and did $3200 in damage. Thankfully it was his fault, but it "christened" the truck better than I ever could have!
If that experience was fun for ya I'd hate to see what a bad exp. is. I for one cannot afford to not take care of my truck. My biggest pet peeve is door dings and scratches caused by someone other than me to my truck. Someday we all sell our vehicles. It's a no brainer. Take good care of it, keep it lookin good and when you do sell it, more money in your pocket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn't mention anything about the down-side of redneckedness - you did (apparently due to your sexual insecurity). Also, didn't intentionally degrade those individuals whose strengths lay in the arts (although your blatant reference to "chicks with big boobs" obviously labels you as a one of the limp-wristed class) as opposed to those individuals, such as myself, whose lifestyles are on the heterosexual side.

Anyway, real men (unlike yourself), don't fret over inconsequential trivialities such as small scratches or dents on their trucks. We (real men, that is) don't have any worries because our jobs are better than yours, our women are prettier than yours, and our Tundras are more scratched than yours.

Bite me, rookie.
Dick

·
Registered
573 Posts
hey, i realize it now, your avatar picture is your mate..........forgive me, i wouldn't insult someone that makes love to swine, you already have enough troubles.
Appropriate name too, Dick.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm not too worried about a small door ding on my truck. Does is piss me off, of course.

However, my wife's car, a 05 Acura TL is different. I paid this thing off and anytime my wife takes it somewhere, it comes back with someone else's calling card. A few weeks ago she called me while I was at work and told me someone or something hit the rear of the car while she was at Walmart. When I got home, I noticed some a-hole ran a shopping cart into the right rear bumper. It scratched it and put a dent in the bumper. Among other dents she has gotten from her co-workers and a rock which hit the windshield.

Here comes the worst part. I am a police officer and one day I drove her car to work. I parked in the rear parking stall, which is secured from outsiders. When I returned back to the car to go home after a crappy day, someone hit the driver side door with their car door, causing a small ding and scratch.

It just goes to show if you take care of your ride and take pride in it, some a-hole it going to "f" it up because he/she has no respect for other people's stuff. As John Travolta stated in Pulp Fiction when his car was scratched, "I wish I could catch the person doing this, it would be worth it for me to catch him in the act."

·
Registered
573 Posts
msr, nice truck :tu: :tu: I like folks with class.

·
Registered
665 Posts
The higher the vehicle the less dings. My Dodge cummins with 39's never got dinged, and even my Tundra with 3" lift hasn't got dinged yet.

Now the real scary thing is, the jerks who hit you with there door on purpose (usally because there jealous of your vehicle). Try owning a vette, now I'm very paranoid about parking lots.
I can understand your vette situation beause I DON'T take my eye off my full-restored '70 Mustang Mach1 no matter what. I always park close to the window where I'm eating and make sure I get a seat where I can keep my eye on it! I have way too much invested to just have an idot come up and cause some damage!

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Get some rock sliders, people rapidly regret hitting your truck with their door when it slams into steel tubing. :D
Yup:D:tu:

I'm always warning my roommate and my g/f to be careful when they park close to the truck, I just let 'em know I don't care if they hit the sliders, I'm telling them for their own benefit :p.

I guarantee, if you make your entrance by pivoting around a chunk of concrete on already trail-scarred sliders, then sneak in to a tight parking space, people will go out of their way to NOT touch the sliders :devil:.

Or you could just get polished stainless steel nerf bars, it'll work the same way but don't try the pivot trick ;).

BTW rabdotus...cool it. Ardnut you know better bro ;)...

·
Registered
573 Posts
ya, got a bit carried away.....i'm done

·
Registered
216 Posts
If that experience was fun for ya I'd hate to see what a bad exp. is.
The "fun" was meant sarcastically. Sorry I wasn't clear.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts