Toyota Tundra Forums banner
101 - 101 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2002 Sequoia with 185,000 miles. When we get cold weather in Texas, it would turn on the vsc + trac off lights. We would take battery cable off for a couple of minutes, and the problem was gone.

Within the current year (2011) for no reason while driving, the brakes would start functioning making noise from under the hood. The truck would try to veer to one side (usually right) for 3-5 seconds, then the noise would stop and the vsc + trac off lights would come on. Whenever we turned the truck off and on, the lights would remain off.

This week every time we drove the truck It would do the same.

After reading through some forum on the internet, I decide to remove and clean the wheel sensors. The front ones were clean. The rear ones had metal shavings stuck on the magnetic end. I cleaned the sensors. I topped off the brake fluid reservoir and hit the road.

Now, the vsc + trac off lights remain off, but when starting from a stop the skid light (yellow car with skid marks, below the vsc light) comes on, cuts power to the engine for 2 seconds and then the truck takes off. (and the ligth turns off).

Has anybody had this same chain of events?

Thanks
I am dealing with this right now. Have replaced the wheel sensors and now everything is fine but the 2 second death wait in the middle of an intersection...Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Brake booster or ECU?? Already replaced the yaw sensor as well.
Thanks

101 - 101 of 101 Posts