Toyota Tundra Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Puff

I use the fast speed until I'm about 1/2 to 3/4 done filling, then I go to the slowest setting on the handle. Once I start hearing the tank make it's noises I take it off of autopilot and slow it down even more with my hand.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Besides, that is what Al Gore told me to do as it is good for the hole in the ozone layer. We do not need excess gasoline evaporation into the stratosphere and we should all do our part to ensure the safety of our children and grandchildren.

You can't be serious about Al Gore???:eek: Of course he probably made this statement while flying around in his private jet. He is an idiot!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
The total environmental effect of everyone at Tundrasolutions.com topping off probably equals less than 1 second of the operation of a private jet moving Al Gore around to tell us about how bad it is to top off our gas tanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can't be serious about Al Gore???:eek: Of course he probably made this statement while flying around in his private jet. He is an idiot!
Is not an idiot. (notice the whine in my voice) He invented the internet. LOL!
I don't have any problems filling my tank. They won't let us do it ourselves in Oregon. DANG!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Is not an idiot. (notice the whine in my voice) He invented the internet. LOL!
I don't have any problems filling my tank. They won't let us do it ourselves in Oregon. DANG!
Of course I was not serious about Al Gore. That is something he might utter though. I did meet him once at the Univ of TN when he was VP under Slick Willie. Seemed to be a very friendly guy (as are all politicians).

Thought it was strange though when he ran for pres he did not even carry his home state of TN. Had his state supported him it would have threw him over W.

I think it was all the makeup he wore to the debate and telling everyone he invented the internet that turned everyone off.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I really don't think I'm filling it to the point where I'm dumping fuel into the charcoal canister. There are two large oval holes you can easily see looking into the filler neck. These connect to one large hose on the back side of the filler. Approx. one inch down the filler hole there is a small hole located on towards the front of the truck. This hole connects to a small hose on the back side of the filler. I need to investigate further to determine their final destinations.

I don't think by topping off I'm going over the small hole. I noticed it there on the first fill and have not tried to fill above it. I've taken some pictures and labeled the holes and hoses. Does anyone know which is the charcoal canister line and which is over fill protection? I resized the photos so it is hard to see the holes. Next time you fill your tank take a look, you will see them.

Anyone know what these lines/holes are for?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts