Toyota Tundra Forums banner

161 - 166 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hopefully, your IP will look just like the other people who have done this. If the new LED bulb you ordered fixes this problem I won't have to go back to stock! Good luck and I wish you the best!

·
Registered
6 Posts
PSA, How many lights total should I order to do the entire inside light cab change over to LED? I do not need to the radio lights as mine is aftermarket. Also, could someone clarify the bulb insertion into the stock bases on the light conversion. I have pulled my IP many times and swaps out some of the burnt bulbs with stock bulbs pulled from junkyard vehicles, but I was not aware that the actual bulb can be pulled out of base to allow for just the bulb replacement. I don't want to damage the existing bases so if someone wouldn't mind clarifying the process on pulling the old bulbs out and inserting the new bulbs I would greatly appreciate it. I am new member and have read this entire thread - you guys are amazing and super helpful. I will try to pull one of the old burned out bulbs from a spare base and see what develops, but any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Also, if PSA or someone else could provide me with a number of bulbs and their corresponding sizes it would be a great help. I want to do the entire IP gauges and light, the central AC/Heat with 4X4 guage, trac lock, etc, Heated seats, rear Climate control lights, drivers side entry light under steering wheel, glove box light, Homelink system lights, front dome light, second row seating dome light, rear tail lift light. I would like to convert the IP cluster to blue with the factory warning lights in red or ember, the dome lights and convenience lights in white, the AC/Heat center console lights in blue matching the IP lights. Also, the is a recent purchase for a 2004 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4X4 and I am having difficulty programming my garage door opener to sync with this system. I can get it to flash as the owners manual says to do; but cannot get it to "rapid flash" after holding the remote garage door opener close to the Homelink system.

Thank you guys for all the help and any advice. I will continue to search on this site to find any other questions I might have before posting stupid questions - bare with me for a while :).

·
Registered
1,332 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Wish that I had the old school odometer / gauge cluster... I have the new style in my 06.... Thought that I was losing my mind and about to break stuff. Anyway, the acetone and q-tip regimen was tedious but I think that it will be fine. Going to check it tonight when it gets darker. All other bulbs have been changed. Easy but time consuming. My wife is convinced that she married a mechanic because I spend more time on the three vehicles than I do with her! At least the car doesn't *****... much!

·
Registered
49 Posts
@ PagalDesi4Life, sorry for the very late reply as I only recently got back onto the forum. If it still matters, no there is no green in my display. All the green colors came from the little green rubber boot over all the OEM incandescent bulbs. Once removed all you see is whatever color you replace with. Just be very careful doing this as I ended up shorting out my "low gas" warning light and my "door open" warning light. Those circuits are now burned out and won't work with any bulb. Not critical, but I hate having things that don't work! Life goes on though...

161 - 166 of 166 Posts