Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bilstein 5100, Front Diff, CV Boot mod, BVP mod, pics

My lift is done thanks to the help of Rick Lehan (Rlehan) without him I would not be able to do this lift. He volunteered from this forum, I will do the same if anyone needs my help.

I put Bilstein 5100's in the front on the top settings, with a toytec 1 inch rear block, front differential drop kit, Brake proportioning valve bracket kit, Spidertrax 1.25in wheel spacers, and Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/70/17 tires.

These pics might be a little overkill, but I wish I would have come across a thread like this before I started. Thanks for the advice I received on this forum. This is the first time I have ever done anything like this. If I can do it, anyone can.

I absolutely love it!!! These pictures don't give it justice, very little rubbing on mudflap only. I cannot stop looking at my truck, this is totally different.

Before

Before

Bilstein 5100's on top setting

Toytec 1 inch rear block

Front Differntial drop

Brake proportioning valve bracket kit

CV Boot mod

After pics

After

After

·
Registered
741 Posts
Ramg66 very nice looking truck :tu: had the pleasure of meeting Rlehan he sold me my ivan stewart body kit awesome ts member :becky:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats....it's always a good feeling to be able to complete something on your own that you werent' sure of doing it to begin with.

Very clean truck.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
You might stop by a reputable brake shop and see if the bracket for your proportioning valve is too much. You lifted the rear an inch and it looks like the valve now sits 2 - 2.5"'s higher than stock.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Looks good man. Now you just gotta get some new wheels to complete the "look". I like the color of your truck too. ;)

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
The truck really looks good. I'm glad that everything turned out the way you wanted.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Nice results, truck is looking good

·
Registered
515 Posts
Your truck looks great! It's very well proportioned with the set up you have... What size tires do you have on there?

One thing to keep your eye on is this (could be the camera angle)

it looks like the bottom of the inner most fin is making contact with the portion of the boot to the right of the clamp. If this is how the truck sits, there is a good posibility that you'll eventually wear through that fin. This is usually an indicator that the truck has too much cv angle.... My Tacoma went through 3 boots with a 3" lift on it (my CV angle looked like yours pictured). I dropped it down to a 2" lift and still had a very slight contact at the fins. There was an evident ring on the boot where it was making contact but didn't blow for the 2 years I had it before I sold the truck.

perhaps this picture was taken with the truck on jack stands and the suspension at full droop?

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of the coolest mods I've ever seen. Looks really, really good. Be proud of that sweet truck!

Mike

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Nice! :)

·
Registered
546 Posts
Looks great. What the hell is the Brake Proportioning valve mod???

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for your compliments. :)

As far as the brake proportioning valve being too high, I will look into it. I have no idea what it is myself, Tundrunk recommended I put one on when I was still asking questions. Now that I reread his post he does say raise it slightly.

Tire size is 285/70/17 (32.7in). As far as the angle on the CV boot, I did have the truck on jack stands, with the suspension at full drop. I will double check though.

I do plan on buying wheels for it, as soon as the boss lets me. :angrywife:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, Spidertrax 1.25 inches. Although a lot of people said I wouldn't need them, but I like the looks of it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
nice truck, i know this is beat to death but the only thing a 2wd truck needs to do is the Brake proportioning valve bracket kit. right?

·
Registered
469 Posts
nice truck, i know this is beat to death but the only thing a 2wd truck needs to do is the Brake proportioning valve bracket kit. right?

Yes. A 2wd does not have CV's or a front diff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts