Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I did it and I can't be any happier. Went with front 5100's set at .65" of lift up front. It gave me exactly what I was looking for. Now my Sequoia's rear is .5" higher than the front.

My intent was to go for a near stock look and to get rid of that factory 1"ish rear rake.

This set up does minimal change to the CV joints...extremely minimal.

The KO2 tires are amazing guys...hardly any noticeable extra road noise...and zero rubbing. Tire size is 275 70R17. All-in-all the truck sits about 2.5inches taller than stock. I just wish they came from the factory like this.

If you are looking for a modest level and some beefier tires...I highly recommend this setup. Everything other than mentioned above, I've left completely stock. No wheel spacers needed.

Thriller

Attachments

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I like it. Looks good bro.

Reactions: Thriller

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does not have air ride suspension.
From center hub to the top of the finder, my rear of the Squoia sat a little under 1.5" taller in the rear. The 5100's in the front do an excellent job.

Hope that helps,
Thriller

Here is a closeup of the spacing...

Attachments

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do you have measurements from the center hub to fender for the front? Before and after?

My front is only about .5 lower then the rear. Front is 19.5 and rear is right about 20.

I'm looking to install the 5100 and set it like you did.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
sure thing...

Before:
About 19.5 Front
21" Rear

After:
20.5" Front
21" Rear

I'd say Bilestein is pretty close to their advertised lift setting of .65" on the second ring setting from the bottom. I'm sure they will settle a hair.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you have measurements from the center hub to fender for the front? Before and after?

My front is only about .5 lower then the rear. Front is 19.5 and rear is right about 20.

I'm looking to install the 5100 and set it like you did.
Oh, and I hands down recommend the BFG KO2's now. They easily exceeded my expectations. Very quiet and great ride!
I went back and forth for so long on tires...finally just went with my gut :wink2:

·
Registered
124 Posts
i got my wheels and tires a few weeks ago and really wanted to k02 but went with the general at2 just because of cost. next set will be the k02 for sure.

thanks for the info. also did you have a grey rubber ring at the bottom of your springs? if so, did you reuse them? im not sure if that is factory.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got my wheels and tires a few weeks ago and really wanted to k02 but went with the general at2 just because of cost. next set will be the k02 for sure.

thanks for the info. also did you have a grey rubber ring at the bottom of your springs? if so, did you reuse them? im not sure if that is factory.

Not sure of the grey ring...I had my Toyota shop install them because they have always been good to me and I trust their work.

I can ask the mechanic tomorrow for you if you'd like.

Are you fairly certain it's only .5" of factory rake? Do you have an air ride suspension?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Not sure if this helps, but after looking at a diagram of the Sequoia's front suspension, I don't see any type of rubber ring at the base of the coil. How thick would you say this ring is? That could explain why you only have .5" of rake in the rear.

I could be wrong, but it might be possible that someone added that. I've just never heard of someone doing that or of a product that spaces the coil from the base of the spring.

Thriller

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks great... do you experience any shaking in the rear seats while driving 45 to 60 mph? And do you experience any slight rumbling or vibrating noise at 70+ mph?
How many miles are on yours?
Mine has 169k and experience all of the above.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I did it and I can't be any happier. Went with front 5100's set at .65" of lift up front. It gave me exactly what I was looking for. Now my Sequoia's rear is .5" higher than the front.

My intent was to go for a near stock look and to get rid of that factory 1"ish rear rake.

This set up does minimal change to the CV joints...extremely minimal.

The KO2 tires are amazing guys...hardly any noticeable extra road noise...and zero rubbing. Tire size is 275 70R17. All-in-all the truck sits about 2.5inches taller than stock. I just wish they came from the factory like this.

If you are looking for a modest level and some beefier tires...I highly recommend this setup. Everything other than mentioned above, I've left completely stock. No wheel spacers needed.

Thriller
I just got my 5100s in the mail and I'm torn as to what setting I should go with as there are some on here (like yourself) that went with the .65, but others have gone with the 1.3 setting to get "level". I'm wondering since they will settle, that going with the 1.3 or middle setting is the best. I might need to make a thread for this, because I wonder if there is anyone who has tried both settings. BTW, I have an 06 SR5 with 83k that is your twin. Love the tires, but with three kids I went with a little less aggressive AT tires (Kuhmo AT51) but seeing yours makes me envious. Nice setup!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I just got my 5100s in the mail and I'm torn as to what setting I should go with as there are some on here (like yourself) that went with the .65, but others have gone with the 1.3 setting to get "level". I'm wondering since they will settle, that going with the 1.3 or middle setting is the best. I might need to make a thread for this, because I wonder if there is anyone who has tried both settings. BTW, I have an 06 SR5 with 83k that is your twin. Love the tires, but with three kids I went with a little less aggressive AT tires (Kuhmo AT51) but seeing yours makes me envious. Nice setup!
Jorge,
I hear ya...

One thing to consider is that I saw closer to an inch of lift with the .65" setting. My overall goal was to be somewhere between .5" to 1" max of rear rake. My stock rake of 1.5" was just a little too much.
I didn't want to go exactly level as once I put any kind of weight in the back, or a full tank of gas, it might sag. Also, it seems like our 1st gen Sequoias have an optical Elusion thing going on when they are set exactly level (just my opinion)...it just seems to look like the front is higher. That's why I decided on achieving as close to .5" to 1" of rake as I could.

Currently it's exactly only .5" of rake...once everything settles I think I'll end up at about .75". At .5" I can barely see any rake at all with the naked eye.

Hope that helps,
You will like the 5100's

1 - 20 of 30 Posts