Toyota Tundra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,250 Posts
Where can I order one? I have an 03 V8 Tundra? Whats the cost for it? I used to have a Flowmaster on my old tundra and I hated all the drone, this one seems to be loud only when you want it to be.
I've got an 03 too;) the sound is great! 03's have bigger cats than precious years, I believe that is why they don't seem to drone as much, unless u run a chamber muffler that is.LOL

DirtyDeedsIndustries.com carries the mufflers though they're not on the site yet. You can ask specific questions at [email protected]

· Registered
181 Posts
I've got an 03 too;) the sound is great! 03's have bigger cats than precious years, I believe that is why they don't seem to drone as much, unless u run a chamber muffler that is.LOL

DirtyDeedsIndustries.com carries the mufflers though they're not on the site yet. You can ask specific questions at [email protected]

I did not know that 03 have bigger cats. I will send an email and see what its going to cost me. Now what's the quality of the muffler? I am in Phoenix so rust isn't an issue but as far as how they hold up over time?

· Registered
1,250 Posts
The quality is excellent. They are hand made so they're not perfect, but I have never had a failure in my design on a customer truck. I've experimented with like 10 different configurations on my truck and tried to break them a couple times just to see the weaknesses.

The outer case is aluminized steel tubing with ferrous end caps. I coat them with high temp paint. Being in AZ you won't have a problem with rust.

I tell every customer from the 'rust belt' of this country, re-coat every month or so during the winter to keep rust at bay! The end caps are almost 3/16" thick steel so it'll take some time to rust though, but eventually it will rust though.

here's one with Helmholtz installed:

before paint:

· Registered
12 Posts
You will not be sorry with one of Keith's handmade mufflers. He made one with a Helmholtz for me (could be the one in the picture) for my 2000 Tundra. Absolutely no resonance in the cab and soooooo sweet sounding. The muffler shop owner, apprehensive when he saw it, even agreed that it had a great sound. And Keith is a pleasure to work with, very professional and prompt on manufacturing and delivery. 5 Stars!

· Registered
181 Posts
Yeah he seems to know his stuff. I ordered one and he sent me pictures of it to show his progress which I thought was pretty cool. I am excited to put it on. It should be here tomorrow and if it gets here early enough I am getting it put on and will post pics of it.

· Registered
181 Posts
So I got the muffler today and had it installed. All I can say is its the best muffler I have ever heard on a Tundra.... There was a guy at the shop that had a Flowmaster put on and he was asking me where I got my muffler and wanted to see if the shop had one so he can switch it.

It sounds beefy when I punch it and its quiet when its idling.... exactly what I wanted. I also noticed a better response and my MPG went up by 1.5mpg.

I would recomend it to anyone. Contact escondidotundra and he can make you one.:tu:

· Registered
3,047 Posts
It sounds beefy when I punch it and its quiet when its idling.... exactly what I wanted. I also noticed a better response and my MPG went up by 1.5mpg.

I would recomend it to anyone. Contact escondidotundra and he can make you one.:tu:
Not trying to be a d!ck, but how can you tell you gained 1.5 mpg when you just had it installed today? You'd have to keep track of your mileage over several tanks of fuel to get an accurate number.

· Registered
181 Posts
I have an ultragauge that reads average and current mpg. I filled up a tank of gas and had to drive from Phoenix to Tuscon and back right after I had it installed. So it seemed to level off at 1.5 more than I normally get on the freeway... but I will see over time how its going to change. So far I am impressed and after owning a flowmaster and comparing this muffler to it blows the flowmaster away.

· Registered
1,250 Posts
I can see how he would be able to see a gain that quickly. The overhead mileage meter on my Cummins is pretty accurate. I hand calculated every tank for several months then realized I was so close everytime I only use the overhead now, close enough. If he has had similar experiences with his scangauge it wouldn't be that far fetched to estimate a gain.

I would say hand calculating before and after would be the only way to confirm that much of a gain, but since I made this muffler I'll take it LOL.

In theory there are gains to be had. This muffler is like two mufflers in one. It builds low end torque and top end hp. You will find that you won't have to press down on the accelerator as hard to travel the same speed, thus saving fuel. Plus the sound is awesome. When I was in the market for a muffler for my truck I tried several (more than 7) and wasn't happy, so I made my own. I can say this: This muffler is designed/engineered specifically for a Tundra.

· Registered
181 Posts
I keep an eye on my MPG'S and ever since I had my lift and 33s it dropped to 14.5avg well since I have gotten the muffler put on today I've put on about 250 miles and the avg is at 16.1.... now I also confirmed this by dividing my mileage. I drove 370 miles and filled up my tank which it wasn't at empty but it took 23 gallons to fill up. Now you do the math... Also this is going of my scan gauge since its been re-calibrated to measure my actual MPH since my speedo is off due to the 33s.

Just to note since I have gotten the muffler put on I have been driving it harder than I normally do so I think I can get even better numbers once I calm down with my driving but that will be hard since it sounds so damn good :D

· Premium Member
7,993 Posts
I keep an eye on my MPG'S and ever since I had my lift and 33s it dropped to 14.5avg well since I have gotten the muffler put on today I've put on about 250 miles and the avg is at 16.1.... now I also confirmed this by dividing my mileage. I drove 370 miles and filled up my tank which it wasn't at empty but it took 23 gallons to fill up. Now you do the math... Also this is going of my scan gauge since its been re-calibrated to measure my actual MPH since my speedo is off due to the 33s.

Just to note since I have gotten the muffler put on I have been driving it harder than I normally do so I think I can get even better numbers once I calm down with my driving but that will be hard since it sounds so damn good :D

Very very cool - you need to post over in the Fuel economy Thread. Are you running a single or a dual?

· Premium Member
7,993 Posts
It’s a single. I was thinking of running one muffler with a dual outlet but you lose low end torque doing that so I just stayed with one. I got a stainless tip as well so it looks clean.

Cool - thanks for the feedback.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Awesome that ur enjoying it too! I got better mileage too but now that ethanol crap is in my gas now so my mileage is dropping a bit and now im just making up for it. :rolleyes:

· Registered
181 Posts
Awesome that ur enjoying it too! I got better mileage too but now that ethanol crap is in my gas now so my mileage is dropping a bit and now im just making up for it. :rolleyes:
Yeah I didn’t realize that we have switched over to the crappy winter fuel... so come Summer I should be getting even better numbers.... how long has it been since you had yours put on? Did it get any louder or quieter after it was broken in or was there no change?

· Registered
3,047 Posts
FWIW, I wasn't questioning your mpgs, I was just curious how you determined that much improvement so soon after install. I've been eyeballing one of these mufflers for a couple months now and can't wait to hear some long term results.

· Registered
181 Posts
FWIW, I wasn't questioning your mpgs, I was just curious how you determined that much improvement so soon after install. I've been eyeballing one of these mufflers for a couple months now and can't wait to hear some long term results.
Yeah I know you weren’t I just explained myself a bit more... I will post more results as soon as I see them... If you want to get one I would suggest to go with this one, you wont regret it.

· Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah I didn’t realize that we have switched over to the crappy winter fuel... so come Summer I should be getting even better numbers.... how long has it been since you had yours put on? Did it get any louder or quieter after it was broken in or was there no change?
I heard about it but never really payed attention until my wallet started getting a little lighter lol. It has been about 2 or 3 months i think and it got a little bit quieter at idle and not much louder either under acceleration. Did you order it packed or unpacked btw? My muffler is packed and it sounds as good as ever. You do notice a small kick in power too.

I need to service my truck pretty soon though so i can improve my mileage and really see the difference, Trans Flush, Clean MAF Sensor and Throttle body as well... I have the K&N Drop in and I regret paying for it and not getting 4 or 5 oem paper filters for the same price though.

I'll expect over 20mpg in summer anyhow.

I love the sound of it, and it sounds very unlike other trucks... Its loud when i want it to be loud, and quiet when i want it to be quiet. I love that when your stopped it sounds like the original muffler and not loud and too bouncy/rumbly sounding like other aftermarket ones.

· Registered
181 Posts
I heard about it but never really payed attention until my wallet started getting a little lighter lol. It has been about 2 or 3 months i think and it got a little bit quieter at idle and not much louder either under acceleration. Did you order it packed or unpacked btw? My muffler is packed and it sounds as good as ever. You do notice a small kick in power too.

I need to service my truck pretty soon though so i can improve my mileage and really see the difference, Trans Flush, Clean MAF Sensor and Throttle body as well... I have the K&N Drop in and I regret paying for it and not getting 4 or 5 oem paper filters for the same price though.

I'll expect over 20mpg in summer anyhow.

I love the sound of it, and it sounds very unlike other trucks... Its loud when i want it to be loud, and quiet when i want it to be quiet. I love that when your stopped it sounds like the original muffler and not loud and too bouncy/rumbly sounding like other aftermarket ones.
Mine is packed as well. But yea its exactly what I wanted, its loud when I want it to be. Yeah I dont think I will ever be getting 20mpg on mine truck because of my lift and tires but if I can get to 17 or 18 I will be happy.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.