Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have waited for this since I first bought my 2008 Dbl Cab. I bought the 2008 Tundra Grade because I got a FANTATSTIC deal on it and I figured that I would "upgrade" it to make it "my own". I have made a lot of upgrades since 2008 but the one that has been a LONG TIME COMING is the fog light OEM dash switch that is an EXACT fit for our dash blanks. Now don't miss understand, I upgraded my Tundra Dbl Cab Grade to fog lights way back in 2008. In fact, when I went to upgrade to fog lights, I quickly found out how “Grade” my truck actually was. My truck was NOT prewired for fog lights. That’s right, I had no wiring harness to the factory blanks in the bumper, no fog light relay slot in the box…NOTHING. So with “MHADDEN’S” help, using his DIY: OEM Fog light Install, I found an aftermarket wire harness and fog light setup for the 2nd Gen Tundra and went to work. I installed the entire aftermarket OEM style setup that included OEM fog lamps and fog lamp holders but never installed the aftermarket switch because I am, like so many of us here, a OEM guy all the way. Absolutely NO WAY I would butcher my truck with anything that isn't OEM or doesn't look OEM all the way. So, up to now, I have had the aftermarket bulky a** fog light switch just tucked under the dash out of view until I reached under the dash to turn it on...way inconvenient but what else to do until now. :)

While searching the forums here at TS, I found a company, TundraPart, that makes a fog light installation kit and a fog light switch. I contacted them and found out they had a switch made to fit our trucks. It is an EXACT fit and MATCH to the OEM style switches. It is even orange colored lit to match the factory lighting but from what Tom at TundraPart said, you can change the color to whatever color you want as long as you want to swap out the 2 leds that are in the switch. I just installed it today and wanted to post this for all to see. I will post some more pics tomorrow to show what the switch looks lit up (It looks GREAT!!!!). Thanks for reading and if this is what you have been waiting for, it is here and available to purchase now.
PS. I told Tom from TundraPart that alot of Tundra owners would want to buy this switch if they knew about it but he said that he doesn't really want to advertise the switch for sell, seperate, because they really want to sell the whole fog light kit that includes the switch. He explained that a lot of time and money went into making this switch and whereas he would sell the switch to anyone who wants to buy it, he really needs to push the whole kit to help offset the cost of the switch. Anyways...he is offering a discount to TS members for a limited time only. Enter Coupon Code: tundrasolutions at their website www.TundraPart.com and you will get a 10% off discount off your order.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I also got a grade and have been moddin it to my liking. That switch looks like the one that came with.my tundrapart.net fogs. I have had them installed for about 6 months or so and lobe them.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
..... then you add shipping :argue:

Here is an alternative (Rocker style switch).......

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...ms/196090-light-switch-fits-into-unused-dash/
OEM Style that matches the other OEM Switches is the point here. This switch lights up with all the other dash lights to a lighter orange color and when pressed to the on position, it lights up brighter orange to indicate the switch is on. If all you want is functionality and you don't want an OEM Style switch that looks and functions as an OEM switch, then you can use the plain on/off switch that came with your fog light kit.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
good product for those who need that look. personally, im too cheap to spend that for that, not because i dont appreciate it, just cause im cheap. if i werent cheap, or if this was something other than just a toyota pickup, i'd be right along with you. it does fit well and looks like it "could" be OEM, of course we know it cant be since the real one is on the stalk, but it does flow well and looks fine. good job.

·
Registered
823 Posts
oem look all the way great find:tu::tu:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
$55 is expensive for this switch, but on closer examination, the site says that it can control four different functions....

Auxiliary Dash Panel Switch with LED

Anyone have this switch and have any luck controlling more than one accessory. Four functions may mean on/off for two accessories, but the wiring diagram isn't really reflective of being able to control more than one accessory....

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
Props to your brother for being patient..I am all about moddin' it up, but this is a long story for just a simple switch. I mean you had a switch under the dash since 2008? :selfbonk:

Whew..Good thing my truck is still all OEM! Or so I keep telling myself!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts