Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a pair of bilstein 5100's, wheelers AAL's and RBVP Bracket, and some 930 CV boots. Hoping to get this installed next week. Of course, pictures will follow :D

Is $150 a good price for this install?

·
2,444 Posts
$150.00 for all of it? I did the 5100s and the AALs myself. Haven't done the 930 boots yet and given the amount of time spent so far, I would say that price is WAY GOOD!

·
2,444 Posts
It's nice to have friends who are toyota techs :rolleyes:
Oh you lucky... ::p just rub it in!

I live in the sticks and not much help around. The learning experience was worth the time on both. I have wrenched on quite a few vehicles and done many things but not much suspension work.

That is awesome... would love some Toyota tech friends, one would be great. Actually, come to think of it, I have 1000s right here. I can't tell you how much great info I have received from this site. :tu:

Enjoy... I loved the ride after my 5100s went on. When you do the alignment after the install if you haven't already checked make sure you do it to "DJs specs". I was chasing a front steering wheel wobble since May and I think I finally cured it with those specs. It is nothing major but you have to tell the people doing the alignment exactly what YOU want. Just had the alignment redone today and on the way home it felt really good. I will probably take her for a ride tonight just to make sure. I will be soooo relieved.

·
2,444 Posts
It is just a search on the forum... I went to the tire and wheel and did a search. I ran across the reference while doing massive searching for the wobble I was experiencing. Evidently DJ is a suspension/front end master and has a lot of experience. Basically he says to adjust the Camber and Toe to center of specs but adjust the Caster to the high end of the manufacturer specs.

Here is a link.

http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/knowledgebase-archive/2541-djs-alignment-setting-recommendations/

You can search more and of course read a lot more... but this was pretty good info. Hope it helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts