Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:) Well, finally made my wheel decision for my 07' Tacoma DC long bed and pulled the trigger on a set of 5 FJ trd wheels. Got them from Sparks Toyota in South Carolina. They were only $129.00/ ea. and he still had 2 sets left. These babies are getting harder to come by as Toyota is not selling them to the dealerships anymore as they want them exclusively for the special edition FJ's. Now I have to decide what size of BF Goodrich At's to mount on them. Have any of you put a 265/75/16 on your stock 4 x 4 and if so is there any rubbing issues? Or, should I stick to a 265/70/16 as this is standard and for sure will not rub. Any advice would be appreciated. Can't wait to see my ride with this combo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No problems here with the tires! They will look great and ride smooth! :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
:) Well, finally made my wheel decision for my 07' Tacoma DC long bed and pulled the trigger on a set of 5 FJ trd wheels. Got them from Sparks Toyota in South Carolina. They were only $129.00/ ea. and he still had 2 sets left. These babies are getting harder to come by as Toyota is not selling them to the dealerships anymore as they want them exclusively for the special edition FJ's. Now I have to decide what size of BF Goodrich At's to mount on them. Have any of you put a 265/75/16 on your stock 4 x 4 and if so is there any rubbing issues? Or, should I stick to a 265/70/16 as this is standard and for sure will not rub. Any advice would be appreciated. Can't wait to see my ride with this combo.
Are these the Baja style wheeels? I'm getting the same ones and buying Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos 265/75R16. They got a real good write up in Consumer Reports. I had Goodrich A/Ts, they wore well but the first time I slacked off on rotating them, they cupped out on me along the outer edge. These Bridgestones are just two tenths of an inch fatter at the section width so they are good on the inside clearance and 1.3 inches taller in diameter. not a concern, plenty of clearance in the wheel well height wise.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, they are the charcoal gray (anthrocite) six spoke ones with the TRD logo caps. They are soo sweet looking. Incidently, I too like the look of the Bridgestone and am considering them as a choice. The FJ's are probably comparably priced to the baja style.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts