Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLO!

The wife and I finally pulled the trigger and drove off in our new Sequioa last night.
We have been saving our pennies and keeping patient for the last 3 years. We got a pretty decent deal on a 2010 platinum. :D:D

There is so much to learn! I will be spending weeks looking through the manuals and learning how to use all of the features. I think so far our favorite is the sunroof!

Hope to contribute to the forums more now that I actually own....and not be such a lurker!

SuMo

·
Registered
655 Posts
congrats!!!the new sequioas are bad a$$!!!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks ALL!

There are some GREAT looking rides out there. I will try and snap pics of the beast tomorrow if I have a chance. Then I just have to learn to post them up.

I figure I better get a few of it in "stock" trim hoping for a bit of lift and a little beffier tire. Other than that, not sure there is much I want to do for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Congratulations!

Unfortunately since you bought the Platinum with the rear air suspension, there are NO options for you to lift it. Revtek only makes a 2.5 inch kit for the SR5 and Limited. Sorry :(

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congratulations!

Unfortunately since you bought the Platinum with the rear air suspension, there are NO options for you to lift it. Revtek only makes a 2.5 inch kit for the SR5 and Limited. Sorry :(

Not necessarily true from what I am reading on these boards, but I am certainly no expert on the subject.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Not necessarily true from what I am reading on these boards, but I am certainly no expert on the subject.
yes, there was a thread recently about adjusting the switches or something on the air suspension to allow a 2 inch higher height to match the front lifts... similar to the way people have been doing crown vics, grand marquis, and lincolns for years to fit the big azz rims in there on the cars with air suspensions...just adjust the cut off switch so it thinks it needs to go higher to reach the correct height. theres more to it on the seq but its discussed in another thread recently

OP- awesome ride. i'd love to get the wife a platinum seq but she wants somethign else...plus i aint that rich ahhahaa

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Okay, I will revise my post to be technically correct.

Congratulations!

Unfortunately since you bought the Platinum with the rear air suspension, there are NO traditional spacer or shock options that you can utilize to lift it. Revtek only makes a 2.5 inch kit for the SR5 and Limited. Sorry :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts