Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2013 CrewMax Platinum 4WD in April 2013 and just sold it this week. MSRP was a bit over $53K, I believe I paid around $45K new. The truck ran great for 140,000 miles. Oil changes, brakes, normal maintenance. The only "major" things were a frozen front caliper at 120,000, a bad alternator at 137,000 miles, and the replacement of all 4 door lock actuators from around 75,000 to 110,000 miles. It was a great truck. Drank gas like a pig. Towed great - can‘t count the number of times I hauled all kinds of crap from every kind of store. Sold my Tundra for $23,500. great return on my money.

When I shopped for a new truck - I tried to talk myself into another Tundra - but couldn’t do it. The brand new 2020s were just like my truck. Tried the TRD Pro - just didn’t do it for me. Ended up with a new F150. Love the technology, the gas mileage, the ride. I’ll never speak bad of my Tundra - it was so reliable - such a great truck - but it was time to move on from a truck that was essentially designed in 2007.

it looked as good the day I sold it as the day I bought it - maybe even a bit better. Anyway - goodbye old friend.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I've owned three Tundras but the fact that they change about as often as the old VW Beetles did is annoying. My current Tundra is a 2017 and it will be my last. Next up with either be a Cyber Truck, Rivian or something similar. Also annoying is Toyota's lack of interest EV's. Why would I buy a Hybrid Tundra (if ever there were to be such a thing) and be faced with maintaining both gas and electric drive trains. I agree that it's been a good run but it's gonna end. I'll wait for the EV trucks to get a couple of years under their belts and then it's "Good Bye" Toyota.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'll not be buying a new Tundra to replace my Gen 1, partly because the shortest new one will barely fit in my garage! I did just buy a 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro which hopefully will be here this week. I will seriously miss the Gen 1, IF I sell it. I've owned it for 17 years. Gonna see how the Taco works out first. : )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts