Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my 05 DC to the dealership today for the recall (ball joint) work. While waiting, I looked at the two CM's on the lot. They were both SR5's. One was a 4wd with TRD and the other was a 4x2 with 20" wheels. I really like this new crew max. But I'm wondering if I shouldn't hold onto my truck for a while. The new DC does not have as much rear leg room as last years model. The true four door (CM) has more rear leg room but has a shorter bed than last year's DC. Although I'd love to have this new CM, I think I have the best of both worlds right now (full size bed and four full doors with good leg room). And after looking at both CM's, I definitely think the truck looks better with 20" wheels. Does anyone know if you can get a 4wd CM with 20" offroad tires?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Keep your 05, the 07 Tundra is overrated and overpriced, and like you said you have the best of both worlds with your 05, lots of legroom and a real bed.
Also just look at all the issues that 07 owners are already having with this 1st year production truck. It's gonna be nothing but problems for awhile.
Pricing is a total joke too. I went to my local dealership today just to see a CM that was in the lot and the sticker price was $43,170.00 for a limited 4x2. What a RIPOFF!
For 43K I better get a loaded 4x4 and nothing less. This truck didn't even have navigation. NO 4x2 is worth 43K.
Youve got a gem in your 05, keep it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Keep your 05, the 07 Tundra is overrated and overpriced, and like you said you have the best of both worlds with your 05, lots of legroom and a real bed.
Also just look at all the issues that 07 owners are already having with this 1st year production truck. It's gonna be nothing but problems for awhile.
Issues?? My 07' is solid as a rock and am very happy with it. Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me. Bottom line, if you are happy with your 1st generation Tundra...great. I am not bashing it as I had a 05' Limited Tundra, but I like my 07' way better. Bottom line, you have a Toyota and thats great....but, please stop bashing the 07' until you either drive one or own one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Regarding my initial post, the 4x2 CM with 20" tires was taller than the 4x4 CM with 18's. Of course I know you will have more height with a 20" wheel versus a 18" wheel. The higher truck looks a lot better, so my question is.......can you buy (from Toyota) a 4x4 CM with 20" wheels? If so, does it come with BF Goodrich? All the DC's and CM's I've seen with 20" wheels look like street tires.

·
Jedi Ninja in Training
8,309 Posts
Regarding my initial post, the 4x2 CM with 20" tires was taller than the 4x4 CM with 18's. Of course I know you will have more height with a 20" wheel versus a 18" wheel. The higher truck looks a lot better, so my question is.......can you buy (from Toyota) a 4x4 CM with 20" wheels? If so, does it come with BF Goodrich? All the DC's and CM's I've seen with 20" wheels look like street tires.
Check the mothership Toyota Cars, Trucks, SUVs & Accessories in the specs section they tell you what tires come on what wheels.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Issues?? My 07' is solid as a rock and am very happy with it. Sounds like a bit of jealousy to me. Bottom line, if you are happy with your 1st generation Tundra...great. I am not bashing it as I had a 05' Limited Tundra, but I like my 07' way better. Bottom line, you have a Toyota and thats great....but, please stop bashing the 07' until you either drive one or own one.

There can only be one bottom line lol ;)

I've found people can most always be put into two categories:

1) Those that need to justify what they have and why it's better than something else whether it is or isn't.

2) The grass is greener for those who can't see the value of what they have and feel they need something else.

There's a few of us that are neutral and spend too much time reviewing the facts to ensure we're making the smartest decisions, however, we're emotionally attached to nothing.

Basically human kind is flawed and we would be happier if we were all horses and ran our own butts to the supermarket rather than taking the truck. Sorry, trying to lighten the thread before the flame grows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts