Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 Tacomas I upgraded to a new 2010 Tundra Rock Warrior edition. My family loves the new truck.

Looking at the dash I see a perfect place for the brake controller, I can't do it down low because of the knee airbag, but I do not know how to pull out the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here is a photo of my new baby!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Wickett said:
Looking at the dash I see a perfect place for the brake controller, I can't do it down low because of the knee airbag, but I do not know how to pull out the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Very nice! BTW, did you get the bucket seats or the bench? Not sure what the RW comes with. I set my Tekonsha P3 in the center of the dash in-between the two 12v outlets. It's a clean look and still very accessible when you need to adjust things.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is exactly where I am going to put mine! How did you get the dash out? I don't want to mess anything up since it is nice and new.

Oh yeah, bucket seats in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
That is exactly where I am going to put mine! How did you get the dash out? I don't want to mess anything up since it is nice and new.

Oh yeah, bucket seats in the front.
That bottom part comes out really easy. Just get a firm grip and pull forward. Becareful not to scratch the center console where the cup holders are and don't yank too hard because there's two electrical connections at the 12v outlets. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that saves me a lot of trouble. I have the prodigy brake controller so it won't look as good as yours but it will do the job. I am glad that the tacoma and tundra have the same connector for the controller.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That bottom part comes out really easy. Just get a firm grip and pull forward. Becareful not to scratch the center console where the cup holders are and don't yank too hard because there's two electrical connections at the 12v outlets. :)
Any trick to pulling this forward? I tried and it wouldnt budge. Thanks

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Pull harder...

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Any trick to pulling this forward? I tried and it wouldnt budge. Thanks
Yank a bit harder ;) If for some reason you still can't do it, you can remove the center console (where the cup holders are) and you'll be able to grab the bottom portion of the 12v piece with better grip to pull forward. Here are some pictures of a hot chick taking apart the dash. :D

How to Install Stereo 2007 2008 Toyota Tundra

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Looks good!

Anyone else remember the 360* view videos that Toyota had on their website about 2 years ago? From memory, it looks identical to where the OP took the pic of his truck.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Nice lookin' truck - yeah, those dash pieces are really easy to get out. If you're having a tough time getting a grip, pull out the cig lighter, and hook your thumb inside the lighter-hole....you should be able to bet a better grip that way.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats, Wickett!

I've had my black RW for 3 weeks. Have not seen any white ones around here.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yank a bit harder ;) If for some reason you still can't do it, you can remove the center console (where the cup holders are) and you'll be able to grab the bottom portion of the 12v piece with better grip to pull forward. Here are some pictures of a hot chick taking apart the dash. :D

How to Install Stereo 2007 2008 Toyota Tundra

HAHAHAHHAHA - that is great. I just decided.... every set of instructions should have a hot girl demonstrating. then maybe I would actually look at them. OH - and the pic in the middle of just her - funny stuff!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
HAHAHAHHAHA - that is great. I just decided.... every set of instructions should have a hot girl demonstrating. then maybe I would actually look at them. OH - and the pic in the middle of just her - funny stuff!!
You can use the girl in your avatar to do the demo too..... competition! :D Lets see who is hotter! :crazy3d:

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
and the pic in the middle of just her - funny stuff!!
I thought so too. It was like, taking apart dash, taking apart dash, taking apart dash then boom; picture of her face. :tu: :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts