Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a DC crossover tool box

Last year I was here hunting for a crossover tool box. I wanted low profile, 12 inches instead of 20 inches, and the proper width for a DC Tundra. No such beast existed.

Then I stumbled onto a company that makes custom and semicustom truck boxes. In their standard boxes they have a 67.5 inch long box that they made 12 inches for me instead of 20 inches.

Cost was $235 plus $35 for powdercoating. Shipping was about $50, Michigan to Tahoe.

I got it last spring and have a year on it now. All latches and hinges still working great.

TruckBox.jpg

TruckBed.jpg

Here's their site: Truck Tool Boxes and Accessories K&W

·
7,925 Posts
Last year I was here hunting for a crossover tool box. I wanted low profile, 12 inches instead of 20 inches, and the proper width for a DC Tundra. No such beast existed.

Then I stumbled onto a company that makes custom and semicustom truck boxes. In their standard boxes they have a 67.5 inch long box that they made 12 inches for me instead of 20 inches.

Cost was $235 plus $35 for powdercoating. Shipping was about $50, Michigan to Tahoe.

I got it last spring and have a year on it now. All latches and hinges still working great.

View attachment 38719

View attachment 38720

Here's their site: Truck Tool Boxes and Accessories K&W
Looks great - what do you haul with that 5'er?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Nice! I like the Jerry can racks too. Are they custom made or store bought?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Highwaylizard, I haul a Wanderer Lite. I weighed the truck with full tank, both dogs, and both of us. Rear was 2,320#. Gross for rear is 3,760#. Leaves 1,440# for hitch and trailer weight. Trailer is 3,500# empty. I'd guess 4,200# with empty tanks as I tow it - so about 840# on the hitch.

I saw a Tundra pulling one, read the threads about how 1Gen Tundras can't pull a 5th wheel, did the math and went for it. Fourth summer, been from Yellowstone to the coast - no issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Greenie, they are store bought. These guys are the ones with locking cages, spouts, and spare gaskets:

Land Rover parts, spares, Land Rover accessories - Search results for jerry

These guys have the cans themselves:

Land Rover - Parts, Accessories and Information

These guys have cans and spouts.

Expedition Exchange Incorporated :: Search results

(Search for “jerry”)

I got a blue spout from the last guys. I painted the can blue because there are no smaller blue cans available. It’s not technically a potable can but I was more concerned about running water through a gas spout. We carry a water filer anyhow.

They can't import anymore gas cans and can't ship to CA or PA. These cages still let me lay a 4x8 in when the hitch is out. I tried the red "Jeep" brackets and they are too wide.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts